The Classroom

-Allie's First Day In The Classroom-

-Allie's POV-

So, today is my first day teaching and I'm really nervous. I graduated college, which made my parents extremely proud but I didn't want to do this. I don't want to be a teacher. As I said before, I want to be a band manager but my mom said that I won't make any money and that she wouldn't pay for me to go to college for it, so I had to pick something that'll give me some money.

I am teaching sixth grade and the other teacher is the worst. You see, this man gets to decide on how we teach, since I'm new. He told me that I have to give students the tests, I have to grade them, and I have to review them. Like he introduces them to the subject and I have to make sure they know it. It's a very bad system is you ask me, I mean, I have to do most of the work.

Oliver and I moved into a small apartment together, with Oskar, so that we could have privacy, not that we're doing anything, if you know what I mean. I mostly pay the bills, but Oliver's band made some money from two album/CD things called 'The Bedroom Sessions' and an EP called,'This Is What The Edge Of Your Seat Was Made For', so he pays for some of it. I'm really proud of him because he made the them and its actually really good. Not that I thought it was going to be bad or anything, but I didn't know he could do that with his voice and stuff. He recorded it in his bedroom, so the quality is only okay, but other than that it's amazing. Thirty Days Of Night, Visible Noise, and Earache were the labels, so it was really cool. I've met the band members and I really like them, and Oliver told me that they like me as well.

I was writing my name on the whiteboard when I heard footsteps, tons and tons of footsteps coming towards me. I quickly turned around, capping the black Expo marker I was using and put it on the ledge. I seen that there were multiple students in my room, probably wondering where they should sit.

"Sit anywhere you want." I shrugged and went to my desk to grab the quizzes I was supposed To give. Since its the first day of school we need to find out what their strengths and weaknesses are for each subject, that means I have to give them four, front and back sided quizzes for each subject while the other teacher gets to start a lesson. The students switch classes after lunch and then I get to give the quizzes to the students that are in his class. Then I get to grade them all once I get home. Yay. Me. I honestly think that he's lazy so he's making me do all the work. But I'm not going to say anything, so that I don't get fired for fighting or something.

After a few minutes of waiting for the all of the students to arrive, they all piled in and took a seat, as I grabbed the attendance list. These people have some cool names. After looking around for a minute, I could already tell who the brats are, especially this one girl who kept rolling her eyes and acting all dramatic and shit. She's going to get on my nerves, I can just tell.

"Hello class, my name is Ms. Hull, and I'm going to be your teacher for the rest of the year. I'm going to take attendance now." Damn, I'm awkward. After a few minutes of looking at my kids as I took attendance I found out that the girls name is Emily. Are all Emily's like this? First the one from college and now this one.

"Is there anything you want to ask me before we start? So that you can know me better or something?" I asked. The people from college said that this is one way to get to let the children know more about the teachers. There were multiple people that raised their hands but I called on Emily first.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" She asked like it was impossible for me to have one.

"Yes, I do." I nodded and she asked another.

"What's his name?" She questioned. She probably think I'm making it up but I'm not. At all.

"Oliver."