Chapter Four

~Monica~

"Where are you taking me?" I asked after I notice we weren't anywhere familiar to me anymore.

"Chill ma, I got you."

I had to admit, I didn't know him but he gave me a sense of safety which was foolish considering he was a thug. You're never safe around a thug.

I swear he better not be taking me to no damn trap house or some shit.

The whole ride we didn't say much to eachother, it was just silent.. But not uncomfortable. After about an hour he slowed down and pulled onto a dirt road, where the fuck is he taking me?

After a few minutes a beautiful house peaked out from the trees. It was all white stone, and simply stunning. TJ parked the car right infront.

I watched as he got out then came around to open the door for me, putting out his hand for me to grab. Still silent he lead me to the front door, put in a code and lead me in.

As I peered around I saw beautiful high ceilings, mirrors and lots of glass in replace of walls.

"When I got enough money, I moved from my apartment and got this place. I'm still getting used to it though. The echos are weird sometimes." He said looking back at me.

"It's beautiful." It said in awe.

I looked down, realizing I was still holding his hand, I involuntarily smiled, hoping he didn't see it. He smile back and and motioned for me to follow him. I can't believe he has all this at my age.

He lead me up spiral stairs with glass banisters and then into another room which was nearly empty, then up one more set of stairs until I found myself emerging from the roof of his house.

I looked around, seeing a beautiful lake shimmering infront of me. It was breathtaking. He looked over at me, seeing me smiling. " I just thought if you ever need a place to think, the code is 22854. Come anytime ma."

I felt his hand tighten on mine in the sweetest way when I realized what was going on. He's a thug, I can't trust him.

I quickly removed the smile from my face and looked at him, which might have been a bad idea considering how sexy he was. Lord bless his mother.

"I thought we were going to talk TJ." I said looking as deep into him as I could.

~TJ~

"I thought we were going to talk TJ." She said peering through me. I was still wondering why she stopped smiling that beautiful smile.

"There isn't much to talk about, I'm here and you can't change it ma. I promise your brother so Imma just be here for you, keep you safe." I said it as sweet as I possibly could. She had an expression that was impossible to read on her face.

"You can't protect me, your a thug... I know how this shit works, me even being near you is a danger. I can handle myself." She said coldly walking towards the stairs.

Did she really just say that? I've been nothing but nice to her. I followed her down. And in a completely impulsive way wrapped my arms around her waist. "You don't want me to leave you alone ma. Don't pretend I don't know that." I whispered in her ear.

She stiffened and pulled away, "I'm calling a cab, what's your address?"

Damn, I shouldn't have done that but it was an impulse. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe she didn't want me as bad as I wanted her. But she can't get rid of me, Imma still have to keep my eye on her.

"I'm sorry, at least let me drive you home. I don't want you paying for no cab." I said waiting on a reply.

She turned around with a smirk, "I wasn't planning on paying for it myself." She said holding up my wallet.

I quickly slapped my legs seeing that it was no longer in my pocket, what the fuck?

She continued smiling as if proud of her self, I chuckled and snatched it back.

"So it seems you have no money, and you haven't been to nice to me so you're not getting any of mine. So just get in my car." I said with a playful smile.

She rolled her eyes and walked down the stairs. Stumbled a little bit but I don't think she thought I noticed. The fuck she stumbling on? She's wearing sneakers.

~Monica~

I walked toward his car, I guess it won't be too bad with him driving me home. He rushed in front of me to open the door, waiting until I was fully seated to close the door again, I leaned over and pushed his open.

"Thanks bae" he said with a smirk. I raised my eyebrow, "Bae? I'm not your bae." I said trying to be stern. He laughed, not seeming bothered by my comment.

As we drove along we talked more, he asked me about myself and I asked him some things. After a little he turned on the radio... Ugh Drake.... I fucking hate this song!

'Started from the bottom now we here'

I looked around seeing an iPhone dock and putting my phone on it. I had a good solution to this awful song. I quickly played some Tupac... Mmmh! My favorite, Can't C Me!

He laughed and smiled at me. I rapped along, he has no idea.

"I see you like Tupac." He said glancing over at my vast collection of tupacs music I was scrolling through.

I just smile and nodded.

The rest of the drive we just listened to music, he let me chose so we ended up listening to a ton of Tupac and some Yo Gotti.

When we pulled up to my house things were abnormally dark. Normally my father would be awake and up doing something.

I opened the car door, "want me to come in with you?" He asked seeing some worry on my face. I hesitated, "No, but gimme your number. I'll text you when I'm in."

We exchanged numbers and I left, walking up to my door and grabbing my key. When I walked in everything seemed fine, I guess my dad was just asleep.

I opened my room door quietly, I know my dad wouldn't mind me coming home at this time, it wasn't even late but if he was asleep I didn't want to disturb him. He hasn't been able to get a good sleep since Andre died.

I flicked on my light "Holy Shit!" I said jumping back. "Dad what are you doing?!" I asked still startled.

He was sitting on the chair next to my desk with an angry expression.

"I just figured I'd wait for you, your school called me. The drug dogs came in and they found weed in your locker... Your suspended."

My eyes widened, what? The one time I ever do something wrong and I get caught!? I'm going to get kicked off the cheer leading squad and everything!

"Do you have any idea what this is going to do to your future?!!? And what the fuck are you thinking?! Do you want to end up like your brother?!?" He spat.

My eyes began to tear..

"Until you can get your shit together, and stop bringing this shit in my house I want you gone!!" He screamed "call one of your friends or something, I'm not dealing with this bullshit!"

I couldn't hold back tears, but I knew my dad was being serious.

~TJ~

The fuck is taking this girl so damn long to text me??

I was still sitting in my car infront of her house, waiting on her to text me.

*buzz buzz* it was my phone. I quickly looked but it wasn't from Monica.

(Texts)

Keisha: Hey daddy! I'm feeling a bit lonely, wanna come help me out again;)

Me: Uhh no. Look I don't really wanna get into that again. Sorry 😁

Keisha: Oh I see... You got a girl now or something?

Me: not really, I just have my reasons.

~TJ again~

Damn, I always got some hoe bugging me.. I don't know why they honestly think that I would want to speak to them again.

Just as I looked up from my phone I saw Monica walking out of her house with bags in her hands.

"TJ?" She she called. I could tell she was crying and babbling on..

I got out the car and went up too her. "You okay ma? What's wrong?"

"I- I got kicked out and I need you to take me to my Ex's house to stay the night" she said still crying.

I nodded and grabbed bags, tossing them into my backseat.

While we were driving she called someone, her EX I'm assuming but she turned the radio up and talked low so I couldn't make out what she was saying. When she got off the phone she turned the radio back down and showed me the way to this house.

When we pulled up to the house she seemed nervous, but I helped her with her things and sent her on her way. I was just about to pull of when I looked down to see her phone sitting in the passenger seat. Lemme get this to her.

I went over to the front door, her phone in hand when I heard it. I heard her scream, I heard struggling. I quickly drew my gun and busted open the door.

On the left there was a couch where the nigga had her pinned down, I could tell he was in the process of taking off her clothes. She was struggling with a cut on her face, screaming for help.

I pointed the gun at his head "get the fuck off of her! I have no problem blowing your brains out!!" I shouted.

He looked up with fear in his eyes. He slowly backed up from her and as soon as she was released she ran behind me.

I wasn't about to kill this nigga, get pinned with gun charges and murder so I slipped the gun back into my jacket and lead Monica outside telling her to stay there.

~Monica~

"Stay here" TJ said calmly leading me outside of Dimir's house and putting his gun in his jacket. He walked back in.

I could feel my face starting to swell and my arms were hurting from where he held me down. I buttoned my shirt back on and fixed my pants.. I ain't believe he tried to rape me.

It was then that I heard a struggle. I few bangs and pounding noises but I don't dare move from where I was.

I closed my eyes trying to keep my tears from flowing down my face and onto my cut.

Finally TJ emerged from the door, he seemed calm and untouched but his knuckles were bleeding. I didn't ask. He closed the door and walked towards me.

"Get in the car, I have a spare room you can stay in." He said.

I did what he said, grabbed my bags that were still on the patio and got into the car.

This time I opened the door myself, I could tell he wasn't happy. When we were both in the car he began to speak. "Why the fuck would you make me drop you off there?!? If you hadn't left your phone I would have no idea!! How would have raped you!! What the fuck were you thinking?! I almost just killed that nigga!!" He scolded tossing my phone at my feet.

I knew everything he was saying was true. He was right, but it hurt to hear him yell at me like that. I began to cry again.

~TJ~

I felt bad for yelling at her but it upset me so bad that she let herself and I let her get harmed. I looked over to see her crying. I stopped the car and pulled over.

I got out the car and opened her door, she didn't even look up at me but she didn't have too. I could see he face swelling and bleeding, he must have really hit her.

I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close. She fit perfectly in my arms. "Monica, I'm sorry... I didn't mean to yell at you I just don't want you to get hurt, I want to keep you safe." I whispered then planting a kiss on her forehead, "It's okay, ma."

It's funny how things work. At first I just wanted to protect her because of a dying mans wish. Because a promise I made but I've only know her for a day now and I would protect her with my life, and I'm not sure why.

~Monica~

As he held me in his arms I felt his warm embrace. I knew he didn't mean to yell at me, I knew he was trying to protect me. But as I slowly stopped crying I started thinking why a person I only knew for a day would do so much for me, why I felt like I was meant to be in his arms, he kissed me on my forehead sending chills all down my body, I guess he isn't that bad for a thug.