Chapter Nine

~Monica~

I smiled as I woke up in his arms again, I wasn't really a smoker but last night was fun.

I got up and thought, I wanted to do something nice today. So I got dressed then woke TJ up, I wanted to go somewhere for lunch.

~TJ~

If its lunch Monica wants, then that's exactly what she'll get. I know a few nice places around town.

When we were both ready we got in the car and were on our way. We finally got to a nice seafood restaurant that was one of my personal favorites. I opened her door and held her hand as we walked through the parking lot.

"Hey TJ" I could hear from behind me. I looked around to see the same damn girl from yesterday smiling a devious smile. "Man get the fuck out of here!" I replied. I was so done with this bullshit.

"Hey girl! Just so you know, he doesn't love you! He'll probably cheat if he hasn't already." She said directing herself to Monica.

Monica got a look on her face I hadn't yet seen. "You better stop talking all that shit before I snatch that weave off you your bald head." She said aggressively but calmly. "Baby calm your jets" I whispered in her ear but she just turned to me and scowled "you really think imma let her talk all that shit?!" She asked.

"Bitch how about you cut out all that whispering and talk to me! Oh and I forgot every time you kiss his lips, you're kissing my pussy!" She shouted causing many people to direct their attention towards us.

"You better shut your damn mouth!" Monica shouted, her volume way higher then I've ever heard.

That was when she stepped up to Monica, she was taller by a lot but thinner and Monica didn't seem intimidated at all. "What the fuck are you going to do?" She growled aggressively.

And in no time at all, Monica let go of my hand and swung her fist right into her jaw. She stumbled back but came right back at Monica with her hand open for a smack, it was a hard smack because I could hear it but Monica pushed her with one foot behind hers making her fall to the ground. Then in no time at all Monica was on top of her wailing on her face, I think it was about the time I make this stop.

I went down and grabbed Monica, trying my best to pry her off. When I finally got her off she kicked at the girl lying on the ground, getting her right in the chest.

I wrapped my arms around Monica not letting her go then looked back to see the girl was now getting up. "Someone grab her!" I shouted and some big nigga with dreads came over and held her back from trying to hit Monica.

"I hope it scars you stupid bitch!!" Monica screamed. I rolled my eyes trying to hold in a little laughter as I looked at the girls busted up face. It was a shame I still didn't even remember her name.

Just as me and the other nigga had them both quiet the stupid as cop decided to walk up. Oh boy, here goes.

When I looked at him I remembered exactly who it was. This is the one who busted me for possession not to long ago. I avoided eye contact remembering the gram in my pocket as he talked to the girls.

He then asked for me to walk over and tell him what happened. I began to tell my story when he gave me a look, I knew the bastard recognized me.

"Do you mind if I search you?" The cop asked. I narrowed my eyes, "you have no reasoning on why you would need to so I would rather not." I replied bluntly.

The cop smirked "actually you seem under the influence of something so I think that's good enough reasoning." What the hell was he talking about? I wasn't under the influence of anything, lying bastard.

"I suggest you do as I say, turn around." He ordered. I turned around as much as I didn't want to.

It didn't take long for him to find what I had in my pocket, a gram of weed, but I was thankful that I hadn't brought my gun. He cuffed me and led me to the car "Monica I'll call you baby!!" I said looking at her panicking face.

Bullshit, complete bullshit.

~Monica~

It's been a couple days since the fight and TJ getting arrested, he called. I think he's looking at like a month or so. He keeps insisting on having someone watch me, keep me safe but I'm honestly not a baby, I'll be okay.

I laid on the couch thinking, damn this house was lonely without him here. It was just then when I heard a knock at the door.

I opened the door to see a large nigga with short dreads and a smile on his face, showing two gold teeth.

"May I help you?" I asked. He smiled again. "You Monica?" He asked, I nodded hesitantly "TJ asked if I'll stop by and see how you're doing every once and a while." He said cheerfully. I frowned, I should have known TJ would pull some dumb shit like this.

"Well I'm fine." I replied sighing.
"Then I'll see you later today or tomorrow or some shit" he said still smiling as if he couldn't do anything else. I cracked a smile back and shut the door.

I'm just not going to argue it, TJ has enough on his mind.