Chapter Thirteen

~Monica~

"Morning baby" I whispered nestling myself into TJ's chest. I felt so refreshed.

He looked down at me lovingly. "Goodmorning love" he said pulling me closer and smiling. I loved that raspy, deep voice he had first thing in the morning, made me want to melt.

"I wanted to know if we can go see my dad. It's really weird he hasn't contacted me at all, even after everything that happened." I said hoping for him to like the idea.

"Anything you want ma" he said with a big stretch. And with that we got up and went downstairs for some breakfast.

~TJ~

After last night Monica could have asked me anything and I would have said yes, but I won't lie, I'm a little nervous about the thing with her dad.

It's been awhile since she has been away and he hasn't even checked up on her? Nothing? There has to be something wrong and I don't think she can take another burden or pain.

After breakfast she practical raced me to the room to get dressed and ready, I could tell she was excited I just don't want to see her hurt. I grabbed my coat and we left.

~Monica~

I smiled as we pulled onto my road. I was nervous but I missed my daddy. I felt bad for leaving during such a painful time but he made me leave, however I wanted today to be a positive day.

As soon as the car stopped I hopped out and walked to the front door. It was really awkward not knowing whether to knock or just walk in but I decided to knock. After about a minute with no answer I knocked again.

I turned to see my dads car in the driveway, so where could he possibly be. TJ looked at me uneasily.

After another minute I turned the knob to find that the door was unlocked.

"Daddy it's me!" I shouted while walking in. I was beginning to seriously worry.

"Babe, you go check upstairs and I'll look in the garage and yard." I said pointing to the stairs. He nodded and walked up, I went to the garage where my father often worked an built things.

~TJ~

I walked up the stairs Monica pointed too, I had a bad feeling about the whole situation to be honest.

As I got to the top of the steps I was in a small hallway and began to walk down it, there was a bathroom first, I opened the door to reveal pretty much nothing. The next door I opened looked like it was Monica's old room. Across the hall was a smaller room, Andres I'm assuming, it looked untouched like no one had been in it since he died.

Standing in the doorway of Andre's room I took a moment just looking around. I could picture him shuffling around, smoking a blunt. I quickly snapped out of it and approached the last door.

I opened the door and lost my breath for a moment. Seeing the lifeless body, the gun in hand. I could tell he hadn't been there long.

~Monica~

I was just getting out of the garage when TJ came racing down and grabbed me. He didn't leave me even a second to say anything, he just took me outside and sat me down on the curb.

I was confused, worried, scared. He sat down next to me and held my hands.

I could tell from his eyes he found something horrible.

~TJ~

"TJ... Tell me what you saw.." She said her eyes tearing already. I took a deep breath, "Monica, your father.. He..-" before I could even finish my sentence she stood up and ran to the house.

"No!" I could hear her screaming. I ran up to try and catch her but by the time I got to the front door she was already up the stairs.

The second she got into the room I can hear her shriek and cry.

"No.. God no! Please no!" She screamed. When I finally reached the room I could see her broken down holding his lifeless hand.

"This is my fault!" She blubbered out between tears. I went down and pulled her into my arms. "Get off of me!!" She screamed pushing me away. I pulled back and backed up.

I needed to call someone so I dialed 911 and waited on their arrival outside.

I didn't know what to think, I knew she was just upset. I didn't want her blaming herself. I sighed and soon heard the sirens.

Against her screams and struggles I had to pull her away from bed and her father as the cops arrived. She was covered in blood, her own fathers blood. Hasn't this girl been through enough?

When I finally had her in the car I went and spoke to the cops. He hadn't been dead long. I sighed and went in the car with my Monica, my broken hearted Monica.