Chapter 23

~Three days later~

~Monica~

"Monica" I heard him speak softly into the phone. A tear began to form in my eye just by hearing his voice.

"A man in the hospital says he thinks I have a personality disorder, and I know that doesn't make things better but it may mean it can be helped." He said trying to reassure me.

"I never cheated on you" I said changing the subject.

He didn't reply. The silence on the phone was uncomfortable but I listened closely waiting for him to say something.

"They said they might be able to do a reconstructive surgery.. Which means there's still hope." He said sounding hopeful.

How he completely switched personalities amazed me.

"Monica, are you not going to talk to me baby? I'm sorry... I know this shit is crazy but I love you no matte what." He said lovingly.

I sighed. "How could you love someone who crippled you?" Tears fell from my cheeks to the soft couch cushion.

I never went back to Jay's mother'a house, nor had I spoken to Jay since I left.

The phonecall was still silent and eerie. I looked around the house, empty again, just like when TJ was in jail. It seemed to loose character when he wasn't in it.

"Medical bills TJ. We can't even pay the bills now we have medical bills. You can't work and I can't pay that shit working at McDonalds."

I could hear him sigh.

"We can figure it out baby I promise." His words filled me with thankfulness. I couldn't live without this boy.

"I gotta go, the doctor is coming in" he sighed.

With a soft "okay" I hung up the phone.

I glaced around the empty house then picked my phone up looking for Monte's number in my contact.

(Texts)

Me: Monte, this time it's serious. We need money so let's get this going.

Monte: okay ma. Be here in an hour I got you.

(Texts closed)

I locked my phone and went up get a few things.

~TJ~

After Monte came and visited that morning I knew what Monica was up too. As much as I didn't want her in the game she wasn't about to change her mind.

I looked down at my phone to see I had a text.

(texts)

Monte: now that your down whatcha want us to do? I'm boss now right?

Me: first I want that Jay nigga gone, he can either be dead or he can just leave but he ain't with us no more. And no I want you to put Monica in charge. I'll be behind the scenes for her.

Monte: is this a fuckin joke?

Me: nah! You know that's Andre's sister and don't fucking question me Monte

Monte: k

(Texts closed)

I looked back at my phone wondering if I really just said what I thought I said.

I wasn't sure if it was a good or bad idea but it's too late now, I have the orders.

~Monica~

As I drove up to the traphouse I got a pang of trepidation but ignored it. Monte came up to the car as I was getting out.

"Hey boss." He said laughing. I was confused and I think he could tell.

"Oh TJ didn't tell you? He put you in charge. I guess he feels if you can shoot him you can take anyone out."

I stopped and shook my head.

Me?

In charge?

THE END!!