Chapter 22

Adam's P.O.V

It was two months after the almost-sleepover at my house. We never actually got to the actual sleeping over part of it. Well, Drew and Kia did, but I'm not going to go into details about THAT.

It all started with this:

Kia dared Rachel to kiss me, and when she did, she ran out of the house. At first, I thought it was because she hated the kiss so much she wanted to get away from me. That would mean she didn't like me that way in the slightest. But that's what I expect. She loves me like a best friend loves a best friend, which is how I should love her to, but I just cant.

Even though I know I should.

I drove her to her house, seeing as she had gotten a call about there being an assault at her house. Hence, the running out of my house. We got there, and there were two fire trucks, two ambulances, and tons of police cars.

That bastard Ricky was there, and he was using Rachel's mother as bait. Bait to trap Rachel. And it worked. Rachel went to help her mom, but that never would have helped. It just made things that much easier for Ricky. He killed Rachel's mom that day. And he took Rachel and has her God knows where.

I haven't seen her in two months, and it's killing me.

I don't even know if she's alive.

Or a virgin.

That bastard Ricky was going to pay if he touched her. But, I couldn't lie to myself. I knew that if he tried once, and was unsuccessful, he was likely to try again.

And two months was more than enough time to do it.

Damn bastard.

I spent all my time sitting in my room, thinking about Rachel, trying to call, text, and email Rachel. But I never got a response.

"Dude, this is just like before Rachel came back all over again," Drew said as he walked in.

"Eh."

"Come on, dude, talk to me. That's the only word you've said to me since, the... incident."

"Eh," I answered.

"Please?" he gave me the puppy dog look.

"Darn it, Rachel showed you that, didn't she?" I asked him.

He grinned.

"Yeah, I tried the puppy dog look on Kia, but it didn't work, and Rachel told me I was doing it all wrong, then she taught me how to do it."

"How do you think I got so good at it?" I asked him.

"Ah. That explains it."

Having this very brief conversation made me realize this already obvious fact.

I need Rachel in my life.