Chapter 6

Rachel's P.O.V

"Hey, pass me the yellow pages." I told Adam.

"Here. Catch." He said, throwing it over my head, causing it to land about a mile away from me. Okay, fine maybe not a mile, but it was nowhere near me, I can tell you that for a fact.

"Dale, Dean, Dena, Duke, aha!" I exclaimed. "There it is! Dune."

"What's the number?" Adam asked.

"765-799-0768" I answered, reading the number out loud. Adam dialed the number, with *67 of course. It's not like this is the first time we've done this.

"You two are insane. Do you realize what would happen if he found out it was us? No, my bad you guys?" Drew asked, raising one eyebrow.

"Hello? That's what *67 is for. Besides, we-" I gestured to Adam and I. -are pros when it comes to jokes, and pranking." I stated matter-of-factly.

"She ain't kidding." Adam said.

"No, she isn't. Do you want to know what caused her old junior high to kick her out in eighth grade?" Kia asked.

"Rachel, what did you do?" Adam demanded.

"I did nothing... that could be considered extremely bad. At least not in my book." I said

"Yea, your book. Your book, and everyone else's books are very different books! Now what did you do?" Adam pressed.

"Well..." I started.

"Oh gawd." Drew said.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Well, I've only known you, what? 3 days? But I can already tell you belong in a mental institution." He stated.

"Hey! That is not true! I do not belong in the cuckoo house! I just like to have fun. You wouldn't know fun if it smacked you in the face gramps!" I yelled.

"Gawd, shut up and let me say what happened!" Kia yelled.

"Fine." I grumbled.

"Okay, so the reason is because she stole a teacher's car, then parked it into her classroom, making it impossible to get it out." Kia explained.

"Well why did you put the car in there?" Adam asked me, but of course, Kia answered for me as I tried to come up with a believable excuse.

"Because the teacher dissed you and was saying crap and then Rachel got in trouble for defending you, and screaming at the teacher to shut the f*ck up b*tch." Kia explained.

"You did that for me?" Adam asked unbelieving.

"Oh, come on. Just because you were gone, that did not mean I was going to let people talk sh*t, teacher, or student. Now, shushie it's ringing. " I said putting the phone to my ear. Adam had already dialed the number; all I had to do was press send.

"Hello?" a voice on the other end answered. I recognized that voice as Principal Dune.

"Um, hi. Is this Dave?" I asked in a girly -in my opinion- annoying voice.

"No, this is Denton." I stifled a laugh. Who the hell names their kid Denton?

"Oh, man. Now what am I going to do? I forgot Dave's number. I guess I'll just find a motel..." I spoke to myself.

"What? No, can I help you in any way?" 'Denton' asked.

"Well, you see, I am stuck in a motel, because I just finished a job, and let me say, the customer left very satisfied, and I forgot my manager's number." I continued, trying not to laugh.

"Well, I could come get you, just tell me where you are."

"The Indiana Valley Motel. Oh! And thank you so much!" I almost gagged at this part. "And don't worry. I'll pay you back in a way that's much better than dollars." I said in a seductive voice-fake of course.

"I will see you there." He said excitedly.

"Bye." I said.

"Bye..." he said, still excited.

I hung up and broke into a fit of laughter. "Eh my gawd he actually fell for it!" I said when I regained my composure.

"Wow, that's sad." Adam agreed. We all started laughing again.

Ricky's P.O.V

She's hanging out with those two boys again. Did some prank calling. I need to find a way to talk to her, get close to her. Tomorrow, at school, is the perfect time.

I waited until her friends left. Kia crossed the street. She lived right in front. Very convenient for Rachel, I thought.

I was standing on her patio, so I opened the glass door, leading to her room. I saw her crouched figure, breathing in and out slowly on her bed. I walked over and caressed her cheek. She moved and I froze thinking I woke her up. When she settled back to her original spot I breathed a sigh of relief. She was still asleep. I stayed there, caressing her every so often. She was so beautiful, and soon, she was going to be all mine. I was tracing her cheek, then I went down to her neckline, but I stopped right above her shirt. I kept going, and it felt so good finally getting that urge to do that out of my system. I traced her thigh, up and down, then I looked out the window, and seeing as the sun was going to come up any minute, I left. I planted a soft kiss on her lips, and then went on my way.

Rachel's P.O.V

When I got up in the morning, I felt goose bumps on my arm, but I had to wonder why I had goose bumps. I only get them in the winter. It's frickin' August for cherry's sake.  

I walked across my lawn and to Kia's house. Just as I got there, Kia walked out.

"Hey!" she said

"Hey!" I said. "To the fancy red convertible!" I shouted. "DUM DA DA DUM!" I yelled out, getting strange looks from the neighbors that were outside.

"HEY! DIDN"T YOUR MOMMIES TELL YOU THAT IT'S RUDE TO STARE?" I screamed at the nosy neighbors.

They gave me offended, dumbfounded looks.

"YEA YOU HEARD ME! IF I WANT TO SHOUT OUT A FANFARE, I WILL. IF I WANT TO SHOUT OUT 'ADAM HAS A SMALL DING-DONG, I WILL, SO ALL OF YOU JUST F*CK OFF!" I ranted.

They looked extremely surprised, and angry.

I jumped in the car and we drove off to our third day of school. I made up my mind. If today, the pranks don't minimize, I'm going to take action and put a stop to all of this bullsh*t. You better watch out, Pete. Rachel's in town. I thought to myself.