Chapter 21

Rachel's P.O.V

I woke up, still half asleep. I wanted to believe everything that had just happened was just a dream. A horrible, horrible, dream. But seeing Ricky walking towards me snapped me out of that reverie.

Because that's all it was. A reverie. A dream. A figment of my imagination. I looked down at the diamond pendant my mother and father had given me for my eleventh birthday. Now it was all I had left of them. They're both gone now.

A single tear slid down my cheek.

"Love, don't cry. Think of it like this: now, you have a chance at a new beginning." Ricky smiled at me.

It was a sincere smile, but I couldn't smile back. This here was the man who killed my mother and nearly killed Adam. But I can't act on impulse right now. No matter how much I want to tear his head off his shoulders that would do me no good. I have to think this out.

"Can you please just give me some time to get over this? My mother just died, please understand how I am feeling." I asked politely. I knew my revenge tact now.

'Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.'

That was my motto now.

"Of course, but, there is no point in spending the rest of your life moping." He answered.

"Tell me that in a month," I answered, pulling the covers over my head, and slumping down into the bed.

Wait-bed?

I shot upright.

"Where am I?" I demanded.

"A hotel. In Seattle." He answered.

"As in all the way in Washington?" I asked in disbelief.

"Don't worry, with the plans I've made, you'll be traveling all over, discovering new places you've never seen. It'll be fun."

"Sure." I choked out. Then I lay back down in bed, and that's where I stayed for the next two months. (Besides the routine potty break.)

Author's notes: Sorry it's so short, I just wanted to cut it off right there, instead of making 2 chapters in 1. But, anyways, thank you for all the feedback! And more is always welcome. Readers from quizilla; Banners? Please? Readers from Wattpad: Comments! And you guys rock! Thank you for being so supportive! You guys are the reason I keep writing! That, and my love of this story, and writing itself! Thank you guys, I love you!

-Alex! xD