Chapter 8

Rachel's P.O.V

------------------------Two months later-------------------------

"Honey, are you sure you're going to be okay while I'm gone?" my mother asked me uneasily.

"Yes, mom," I insisted. "You go, have fun. It's not everyday you get invited to dinner."

Somehow, I managed to keep my fake smile plastered on my face.

"Okay, honey. You be good. And don't throw any wild parties while I'm gone." She said, smiling. I smiled back. The difference here was, hers was sincere.

I know, I sound like a horrible person. But if you just realized you have a stalker, and he could be here right at this moment, and you have no idea who he is, you would find it hard to smile naturally, too.

But, nevertheless, I smiled, and waved my mother goodbye as her call pulled out of our driveway.

I saw something move, in the shadows. I was scared. 'Maybe I'm just paranoid,' I tried to tell myself. It didn't work. I just couldn't believe it, no matter how much I truly wanted to. The proof is in the pudding, as my dad used to say. I had to have a stalker. Either that, or I'm hallucinating, and need to be put in a psychiatric hospital. Unfortunately, for me, either way, I'm the one who ends up losing.

I decided to call Kia, vent my feelings, to someone who cared, someone who listened, and someone who lived next-door.

I grabbed my cell phone, and clicked number one on my speed dial. Kia was number one, obviously. Adam was number two, my mother number three, and Drew number four. Oh, and Domino's is number five.

It rang once. Twice. Then, finally, on the third ring, she picked up.

"Hey Rachel," She said, cheerily.

"Okay, I have something serious I need to tell you about," I started.

"Oh, gawd!" she exclaimed. "Is it true? Did I really flash those boys during P.E yesterday?" she squeaked.

'What?" I asked. "No, that's not it," I said

"Then what is it?" she asked.

"IamalmostonehundredpercentsureIhaveastalker." I rushed out in one breath.

"What?!" she asked. Normally, if I had spoken so fast to someone else, they would be extremely confused. But, for some strange reason, I guess this is part of the whole best friend thing, she can always understand me. She can read me like an open book, as I can her.

"Are you sure?" she asked, "What if, you just imagined it, what if-"

"No, Kia, I swear!" I said, on the verge of tears.

"So you think you have a stalker?" she couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe it. But I had to. I couldn't shy away from it. Not this time. I am usually pretty good at avoiding tough situations. But this is different.

"Yes!" I nearly screamed over the phone. "I've been feeling, lately, as if someone were watching my every move," I started. "Then, today, I was in my room, I was about to get up, and I was groggy, like I usually am early in the morning. Then, as I was sitting in my bed, I saw a dark figure looming over my window. I was too scared to move. He exited my room, by jumping out my window.

"He started running across my lawn, and jumped into a beaten, old van, and zoomed away. I couldn't breathe. My lungs were frozen. I couldn't believe my eyes. Then I realized, all the strange feelings I'd been having, were linked to this.

"That's when it finally clicked. I have a stalker." I finished.

"Eh me gawd," she said, after taking a minute, and letting it all soak in. "Wait a minute-you're home alone aren't you?" she asked. "Get over here now!" she demanded, answering her own question.

"Okay, I'll see you in a minute," I said.

"Bye," she told me.

""Bye," I repeated, then hung up.

Ricky's P.O.V

I made my way over to her house. She was talking to her friend, from what I could see, over the phone. She hung up, and made her way up the stairs, out of my view.

I entered her house, using her house key. I took out it of her bag, a couple months back. I made my way up the stairs. I opened the door. She whipped around, and stared at me wide eyed.

Adam's P.O.V

"What do you mean, she has a stalker?" I demanded as Kia frantically explained what happened. My blood boiled, and I uncurled my fists, realizing at some point while she was explaining, I had unintentionally balled them. I ran outside, and jumped in my car, but it wouldn't start.

"Goddamn it!" I cursed silently.

I jumpstarted it, then I was on my way. I got to her house, and Kia was outside, too scared to move. I tried to open the door, but it was locked. I remembered where Rachel always left the key, and frantically, I opened the door. As I made my way up the stairs, I heard her scream. All I could think of at the moment was saving Rachel.

Rachel's P.O.V

I was getting ready to leave, when the doorknob turned. At first, I thought it was Kia, but why would she be over here? We had agreed on meeting at her house, which is right next door. Then it dawned on me.

The door slowly creaked open.

I turned around and met face to face with my stalker.

"Hello." He told me.

Then I realized who he was.

He was Ricky. The guy who asked me out, and always gave me weird looks.

"W-wh-what are you doing here?" I squeaked.

I was terrified.

"I tried to be friends. I tried to be more than friends. I tried to be an acquaintance. You rejected me all three ways. I'm afraid we'll have to do things the hard way now, because, one way or another, you will be mine." He told me, eyes dark.

"What? No, no, no, no, no, no, no way!" I said.

He started moving closer.

"No, no, back away." I said, voice breaking.

He pulled me by the waist and forced his mouth on mine. I struggled under his grip, but it was no use. I almost puked when he invaded my mouth. I tried to pull away, yet again.

No dice.

He started undressing. I screamed. He covered my mouth with his own.

He ripped my shirt off. My jeans followed. I tried to scream, but it was muffled. He was about to remove even more clothing; then suddenly, the door was kicked down.

We both looked over, and the person I saw standing there, infuriated, was exactly the person I had been calling out to in my mind.

Surprisingly, considering the circumstances, I was happy.

Not because I was this close to getting raped, but because, he came to save me.

He came.