Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I looked at myself in the mirror smiling.

“For a guy he has impeccable taste,” Saph praised, as she smoothed out bits and pieces of the dress.

It was beautiful. It was a semi formal lace sheer dress. Long and flowing, reaching just about two inches above my knee. The dress was tightened at the waist with red silky ribbon.

“Agreed.” I mumbled serenely.

She had already put on my make up before I got into the dress, so I didn’t ruin it.

“Oh my God!” Saph exclaimed, look at these shoes, “Damn it, I wish I was just one shoe size bigger and I would so borrow these.”

I turned around looking at them. Jesus. I think my heart stopped a little. They were bright red platform shoes, nothing too slutty though, but just enough to say that ‘I’m a sexy bitch!’ The heel was at least five inches itself.

“Can I borrow your boyfriend?” Saph pouted longingly looking at the shoes in her hands.

“No- Hey! He’s not my boyfriend,” I replied blushing.

“Oh, really? Then he’s fair game right? Thanks! I’ll ask him out tomorrow,” she smirked.

I gritted my teeth. There was a pang against my heart as she said it, even though I knew fully well she was joking. Saph wasn’t the boyfriend stealing type even though he’s not my boyfriend. Yet.

She laughed at my expression, “Tut- tut honey. Doesn’t do well to be jealous, anyway, wear these shoes now you’re going to be late for Blade.”

I looked at my watch and gaped, I was already five minutes late! Crap. My legs were aching from practice, and I hissed as my foot slipped into the new shoe. Great, hello blisters by tomorrow morning.

I stood up straight again, and now I easily towered over Sapphire who was just wearing a pair of Lilly Pulitzer thongs. I rushed to the side to stuff everything back into my backpack, but Saph stopped me grabbing my arm.

“Don’t worry all that. I’ll clear up and take everything back to your place,” she smiled, “Now go! Blade will probably kick my ass if you’re late, not your fine one. Shoo!”

I laughed cheerfully and left the changing rooms grabbing my cell phone on the way out just incase anyone needed to reach me. Hurrying out the building, I saw Blade leaning against his Rapide looking, well, slightly nervous.

That’s when I noticed that I had butterflies in my stomach too.

Blade looked up, his eyes immediately piercing mine, and for a second my body felt a little lax. He was suddenly in front of me holding me up against him, taking most of my weight on his.

“Hey gorgeous,” he smiled, eyes twinkling merrily.

“Hey,” I breathed.

He held me at arms length.

“The minute I saw that dress I knew it was made for you,” he said seriously, raking his eyes gently up and down my body, and he chuckled, “Liked the shoes?”

“Hell yes!” I giggled, “Thank you Blade, they’re so beautiful, and the dress too.”

He laughed, “They were Layla’s choice, got her to come with me. I took her yesterday to go shopping for them; she knew your size by just looking at you.”

Blade opened the passenger side door for me.

“So, where are we going?” I asked as he got into the seat next to mine from the drivers side.