Chapter 2

I call her Snehu, she calles me Muru (for reasons I'll never explain). We're too cool, too cool for school. This is for her, cause she was the first one of my mates I asked to read this, and she loved it!

She's an awesome friend, even though we've had our issues. Dude, friends FOREVER.!

Chapter 2

For some reason that I can’t explain, him being there didn’t really shock me. It just felt right that he was. I was just about a metre away from him now. He must have heard me approaching because he opened his eyes slowly, taking in my appearance. Those gorgeous piercing purple eyes looked at me piercingly. His head was tilted ever so slightly to the side as if expecting me to put in the first word.

So, I decided to say something, something that I quite didn’t expect to come out of my mouth, but it just did, like word vomit, “Do you wear purple contacts? I’d honestly love to buy a pair.”

He blinked at me, his lips parting slightly, as if he thought I was some kind of mental patient, “No, really, purple is just such a cool color; Its like, hey I’m purple, I can be blue-ish, or red-ish whenever I want to be.”

He raised his eyebrows, giving me an incredulous look, still not saying anything. I couldn’t hold my laughter back any longer, I just burst. His expression immediately changed into a scowl, which just made me laugh even more.

“You know, if you keep laughing like that you could get a Gelastic seizure and die,” he said to me frowning. I stopped laughing. It wasn’t the death by laughter that made me stop though… It was that he actually said something to me that didn’t consist of two words, and more importantly it was the deep, British voice that made my heart stop beating for those two milliseconds of time.

I was still breathing deeply from laughing so hard, but apart from that there was complete silence between us. I snorted, deciding not to wait any longer; I was already tired as fuck. I straightened up quickly, and headed for my car- I shouldn’t be here I thought, cursing myself. But just after I took two steps towards my car, he gripped into my upper arm, just my luck it exactly where Xavier had grabbed me. I turned to face him. A wave of tingles shot up my arm, and I pulled away from him in surprise.

“Don’t be afraid,” he said, his eyebrows contracting slightly, “I promise I won’t hurt you.”

“That’s what all the psychopathic serial killers say,” I scoffed at him breezily, trying to ignore the pain in my arm.

“Touché… but then again, I’m just a normal human being,” he smoothly replied, looking straight into my eyes with his piercing purple ones.

I snorted, “Oh puh-lease! You’re far from normal!”

His gaze seemed to darken slightly, “What’s that supposed to mean then?”

“You’re a freaking mute, of course that’s not normal,” I answered him, “You seemed fairly surprised there… got a dirty little secret Blade?”

He closed his eyes for a second before grinning back, his smile not reaching his eyes, “Something like that.”

I gave a quick glance to my watch and sighed heavily, “I better get going. I have to be home before my Mom goes into super panic mode.”

“No.”

“What do you mean no? You’re not the boss of me Blade. You don’t even know me. I’m going home and-” he cut me off by covering my mouth with his hand. Shivers shot down my spine. What the hell?! I swear to God there’s something wrong with his hands. Freak.