Chapter 6

• Dedicated to Nupur Amin

So Nupur Amin! She's my unofficial daughter, and a total inspiration to me =) She's always encouraging me, and ALWAYS has been there for me. So this chapter is for her, cause she's so amazing, and sweet. 

Nupur, you're one of the sweetest friends I have, even though you're a bit koo koo =P. But then again, so am I! I hope you enjoy this chapter. I know its really emotional, but it's a really important chapter to me, just like you are.

Chapter 6

I was sitting the hospital, my head between my knees breathing deeply. It was just a ball to the head, how could it be possible that he had a seizure? I mean I didn’t kick it that hard did I? What if I impaired his vision, or got him into a coma or-or-… My breathing got shallower, and my headache was rising to breaking point. My hands were shaking. I could feel people staring at me; they probably thought that I was a patient myself.

I felt someone sitting next to me. Can’t people understand that I want to be left alone? And then I felt a hand on my thigh, lightly placed, but I could suddenly feel the electricity pulsating through me, and the headache was gone, and I could suddenly see clearly. I felt lighter, and the dead weight slackened.

“Are you alright? Well, never mind, that’s a stupid question, of course you’re not. Don’t worry about it okay? I’m sure that he’ll be alright. Come on, how hard could you have kicked the ball? It’s not like you were aiming to crack his head or something!” Blade said, his rugged voice vibrating his chest, and I couldn’t help but shiver slightly.

“He didn’t crack his head, there wasn’t any blood,” I said, calmer than I felt, my voice coming out raspy and old lady-like.

The other side of the sofa sank down. “There might have been internal bleeding,” Jake said, but he stopped before he could continue after seeing the horror stricken expression on my face, “Er, maybe I should go and get you something to drink; you look like you just saw brother copulating with some chick.”

That made me smile, but at the same time grimace slightly in disgust. I turned to him, “How did you know that I would be here?”

“Its high school,” He stated simply. I laughed loudly, and again the people around me starred at me. I couldn’t blame them though. If I were in their position I would do exactly the same thing- its human tendency.

He continued, “Sapphire couldn’t make it, she was in the school grounds before she heard about it, so they didn’t let her out. But she did manage to slip me this,” he used his other hand to fumble in his jeans pocket, and pulled out my keys, and my phone.

I smiled at him, putting a hand over the one that was still resting on my thigh, “Thank you. Will you give me a ride, though, back to school, so I can get my car?”

He looked at me with a confused puppy face, “But I brought your car here, you don’t need to go back to school. I knew that you wouldn’t mind me bringing it here.”

“B-but, what about your bike?” I asked, a butterfly fluttering feeling in my stomach.

He chuckled, and squeezed my thigh, leaning into my side, “I asked Ari to take it back home.”

“Thanks Blade, I really appreciate it.” I said in genuine gratitude.

He looked at me sheepishly, “You’ll have to give me a ride home though if you don’t mind,” his expression changed suddenly, a face that I can’t really put into words, “But if you’re going to stay here with him all night then I’ll ask of my mates to pick me up.”

I sighed, looking at the doors that led to the ORs (Operating Rooms), “I’m just going to stay until I know that he’s alright, Mom will flip if I stay here all night,” I smiled at him weakly, “I’ll drop you off, don’t worry, it’s the least that I can do.”