Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The drive seemed to last forever, and I was getting impatient- I started tapping my feet and clicking my tongue. My arms were crossed across my chest, and I looked out the window at the scenery.

“Are we there yet?” I asked.

“Cara! This is the fifth time you asked, can’t you be patient?!” Blade retorted incredulously.

“But we’ve been driving for aaaages! How long has it been- half an hour?” I whined.

He looked at me rolling his eyes, “It’s just been ten minutes dumbass.”

“Look who you’re calling dumbass, dickwad!”

“Numbnut!”

“Gaylord!”

“Bullpoop!”

“Bull-poop?!” I started laughing, “Seriously couldn’t you think of anything better? That was so retarded!”

“Shut up Cara!” he said pursing his lips.

“You realize I’m never going let this go Romeo… Hey, that rhymes.”

“You’re a poet and you don’t know it. Or do you? Do you still write poetry?” he laughed, “I remember your first ever poem. How did it go? Oh yeah…! My dogs name is Mellow…”

“Sometimes bananas are yellow,” I sighed happily reminiscing.

“You realize that doesn’t make sense right?”

I scowled, “I was FIVE, Blade. How many five-year-old’s do you know that ever make sense?”

“Whatever,” he looked at me; his eyes were alight with glee, “Were here!”

 My head snapped around to see two iron gates- huge and heavy, and a little creepy. The gates seemed to automatically open, it was eerie. Blade pulled into the gravely driveway, a chill ran down my back as if somehow someone had just patted me down, the way they do at the security check at airports.

He just gave the guard a quick nod and headed up the drive. Blade picked the gear up a notch, and the trees on either side of me became a blur. The wind rushing through my hair again, and cold air lapped at my already numb skin.

“You don’t remember coming here before.” Blade stated suddenly.

I looked over at him surprised, “I have?”

He laughed, “Yes, baby girl, you have!”

I blushed. Baby girl?!

“It was a long time ago now I suppose, I didn’t really expect you to remember,” he continued, “You don’t really have a great memory.”

The small smile I had on my face was wiped clean off, “Damn you!”

“Well all I’m doing is stating-”

I sneezed.

He frowned, and used the switch that automatically rolled up my window.

"You shouldn’t have left the window down."

“It was just one sneeze!”

“You could have pneumonia.”

I snorted, “I find that highly unlikely.”

“You’re too much of an optimist.”

I smiled sarcastically at him, “I try.”

He swerved the car to the left suddenly, a deep turn, my head banged against the window-I winced. We had reached a clearing. It was like a large front yard- expect completely surrounded by trees- so secluded, but so beautiful- and at the end of the football field like yard was his house.