Chapter Nine

Georgia is currently curling my hair, and humming quietly to herself. I just sit there fiddling with the beautiful creme fabric of the dress Carter picked out for me. It is tight at the top and flows out to about my knees. I hear Georgia put down the curling iron, and I laugh quietly to myself. I have naturally curly hair but I had straightened it and then Georgia told me it looked better curly so she ended up curling it. I turn around to face her, "Thank you so much!"

She smiles sadly at me, and I frown, "Georgia..." I touch her arms and I can feel a deep and heart stabbign pain. Almost like the pain you get when you lose a loved one. 

She jerks her arm away, knowing very well I could feel her emotions, "Lets go hun, Carter, and the whole pack is waiting."

I decide to not mention what just happened, obviously not only is it not the right time, but she doesn't want to talk about it. Just as soon as I slip on my nude heels, the door swings open, "Come on Cosette!"

He freezes in the doorway, and I feel like time stops. He is wearing a fitted suit and his ussually unruly hair is more organized but in a sexy way. His green eyes darken slightly, and he whispers, "You look lovely."

I smile brightly at him, and I wrap both of my arms around one of his muscular ones, "Lets go."

He smirks, and whispers, "Keep that beautiful smile on your face."

As we walk towards our destination, aka the backyard, I feel like I could pee myself any second, and I don't have to pee. When we reach the french doors that will open to the deck, I let go of Carter's arm. "Okay Cosette, I am going to introduce you before you come out."

I nod my head, and back up a little bit so while the doors are open nobody will see me. As soon as his foot touches the wooden deck, the pack goes silent and you can each of his footsteps go across the deck. "Good afternoon."

The pack say their greetings, and Carter continues, "Some of you know what is happening right now, while others of you don't. In just a few moments your Luna will make her way by my side, and to the side of the pack."

Screams errupt in the air, and I feel my heartbeat quicken, do they really care that much? "Cosette?"

I nearly choke on air when I hear my name being called. Okay it is now or never. I smooth out my dress, and close my eyes, everything will be fine as long as I don't trip. Ever so slowly, I step into the sunlight, and the crowd goes crazy. My eyes immediatly lock onto Carter's. If I look at the pack now I will definitely fall on my face. Excitement, and relief are flowing through the air around me, and I try to block out all of their emotions. 

Carter's arm snakes around my wait and for a moment everything was perfect. But then it all turned sour.

Authors note: WHAT DO YOU THINK HAPPENS??????????????