Chapter Eight

I sit on the kitchen counter swinging my legs back and forth, and I glance at the silver bracelet that is now permanently around my wrist. Carter gave it to me to mask my mixed scent. Although most werewolves can't smell it, if I came across another person like Georgia that has an extroadinary nose, I would be in big trouble. Carter is leaning against the fridge, and he sighs, "Are you ready?"

I raise an eyebrow, "For what?"

"To meet the pack tonight, and officially become Luna."

I choke on my spit, and I feel like I am going to go into cardiac arrest, "Tonight?!?"

Carter smirks, and pushes himself off the couch, "What? You scared?"

I sigh, and Carter holds me close to him. "Yes."

He chuckles, and runs his fingers through my hair, "They will love you babe."

I smile up at him. Even though I am sitting on the counter he is still a good head taller than me. He rubs his thumb along my cheek, and his green eyes are filled with so many different emotions, "You are so perfect."

I blush, but I manage to keep my eyes on him. He slowly presses his lips to mine, and my legs immediatly go around his waist. He groans, and his hands cup my butt to keep me around him. I gasp as his tongue slithers into my mouth, and I feel so alive. 

I know now that waiting in at that camp for six years was worth it. I don't know how I could imagine my life without Carter. There is no where I would rather be than in his arms right now, absolutely no where. He pulls back and his warm lips press against the soft spot in my neck. I dig my fingernails into his back, and I whisper, "Mark me."

His eyes look deep into mine, and he whispers huskily, "Are you sure?"

My stomach flutters and as I look at the perfect man in front of me. My heart is throbing and my body is extremely jittery. There is a slight pull in the back of my mind and I have a feeling it's my wolf. "Yes." I whisper. 

His nose brushes against my cheek, and I tangle my fingers in his dark locks. His teeth graze the soft spot in my neck, and I let out a moan. Carter chuckles, and he whispers, "You are too cute Cosette."

Before I can respond he bites me. I tug roughly on is hair as another moan escapes my lips. He pulls away, and kisses my mark. I shiver, and he gives me a quick kiss on the lips, "Now you are Luna officially."

I smile at him, but my smile quickly disapears when I feel a surge of emotions wash over me. My eyebrows furrow, and I clear my throat. Carter frowns, "Are you okay?"

I force a smile, "Uh yea, I just uh, feel all these emotions..."

He grabs my small hands, and whispers, "Just close your eyes, and block them out."

I do just as he says. Just imagine a barrier, come on Cosette. Slowly I feel all the emotions disappear  and I am left with just my own, and Carters. But I will always feel his since he marked me. He smiles at me, and I smile back, "Well I think I should go get ready..."

As if on right on cue, Georgia barges into the kitchen and the white swinging door slams into the wall, and almost comes back and hits her right in the face. Luckily, she has super speed and jumps out of the way. She is beaming at me, "COME ON COSETTE! LET'S GO GET READY!"

She grabs my hand, and pulls me off the counter. Before we completely exit, I turn around and look at Carter. He sends me a wink, and all I can do is smile like an idiot while butterflies errupt in my stomach. 

authors note: please please please comment!!! and sorry that the updates have been so short lately, I just want to make you guys happy and give you loads of updates!!!!!!!!!!!