Chapter 5

I stare disbelievingly at Georgia, "We cannot go to a party."

Georgia sits down, "And why not? Are you scared of Carter?"

I glance down at my lap, "No."

She grabs my hand, and pulls me off the couch, "Then lets go."

I pull the tight black dress down, "I can't believe you forced me into this."

She sighs, "I am doing you a favor. Trust me."

---

Parties are definitely not my scene. Hundreds of sweaty bodies are pressed up against eachother which is absolutely disgusting. Georgia's hand is clamped tightly on my wrist, and she is pulling me through the crowd, taking me towards the alcohol. I lean forward and yell in her ear so she can hear me over the music, "I don't drink!"

She hands me a cup, "Well you do tonight."

I take the cup, but I place it right back on the table, "I don't want to."

She groans, "Just one drink. That's it."

I look into her pleading green eyes and my mind immediately flashes to Carter. Does he even notice that I am gone? Does he even care? Oh God. Screw it. I pick up the plastic flimsy cup, and down the burning liquid.

Georgia squeals and claps her hands, "YAY LETS GO!"

We head to the dance floor, but not before Georgia drinks a cup too. We start singing loudly, "I WANT YOU TO HIT THE PEDAL HEAVY METAL SHOW ME YOU CARE I WANT YOU TO ROCK ME. ROCK ME. ROCK ME. YEA!"

I trip over a guys foot in the middle of my jumping hysteria, and I crash into his chest. I burst into giggles, "Whoops!"

He chuckles, and his hands grip my waist, "Hey sweet thing."

I wrinkle my nose, and observe the blond hunk in front of me. Sure he is super cute, but not as cute as Carter. Carefully, I push him off, "Sorry I have a boyfriend."

I walk away from him, sobering up a little bit to think clearly. Where did Georgia go? I want to go home right now.

Where the fuck is she? I literally have looked through this whole house and she is no where. I storm outside, and start looking around. Plastic cups are strewn across the lawn, and its hard to see the passed out bodies in the dark, but I manage not to trip over them somehow.

My heart literally leaps in my chest when someone grabs me from behind. A shriek escapes my lips and I start thrashing violently in the strong arms that are encasing me right now.

"It's me Cosette."

I calm down, and turn around and face a very very very angry Carter.

Well fuck.