Chapter Two

Carter should have been home by now, I mean it is three in the morning! Jake hasn't returned either which really worries me. Where is everybody? Annie left at 7, so if something was wrong, she would have told me...right? If I knew my way out of this house I would definitely go looking for Carter, but the thing is, I can't even remember the way to the kitchen. Annie escorted me back to my room, and then for 3 hours I walked aimlesly around the house only to discover I had made a full circle. 

So here I am, sitting on Carter's bed, waiting for him to return. I would know if he had gotten hurt right? Surely I would feel it. Maybe Carter had Alpha duties to take care of, that has to be it. But I am definitely not going to bed until he is back here and I know that he is safe. I tug on the shirt of his I am wearing, feeling increasingly anxious. That's when I hear the most amazing sound ever, the front door open and close. I literally squeel, and I sit on my knees on the bed. Carter is home! All the tiredness I was feeling before completely washes away as I anticipate the arrival of my mate. 

The bedroom door opens, and I immediatly race into his arms. He lets out a grunt of shock, but he holds me close to him, "Why are you up? Did I wake you?" He whispers.

I look up at him, and shake my head, "No, I waited. I was worried about you."

He kisses the tip of my nose, and I blush, "You shouldn't have stayed up."

I frown, "Where did you go?"

His eyes flash with betrayel, "My father."

I let in a sharp intake of breath, and I say tightly, "And how did that go?"

His hand cups my face, and his green eyes stare into mine with so much love that I want to look away, but I can't, "Cosette, I don't know why he can't see what I see."

Tears fill my eyes, "Why? Why doesn't he like me?"

"There has only been one other human Luna, it isn't common." He tries to reason with me.

I throw my hands up in the air completely exasperated, "But just because something is different doesn't mean it is wrong!"

Again, Carter pulls me close to him, "And he is just too dense to see that."

I sigh, and he clears his throat, "I invited your mother over tomorrow."

I pull away, and I feel my stomach churn, "Why? No! Uninvite her!"

Carter furrows his eyebrows, "Why? Cosette I want to meet your mother."

I shake my head fiercly, "No you don't!"

"And why is that?" He asks darkly.

I swallow, "Because you are not going to like who she brings with her."

Boy was I right.

---

I hold Carter's hand tightly, "Just promise me that you will remain calm."

He squeezes my hand gently, "I don't know what you are so worried about."

I am very worried about you meeting the man my mom wants me to marry. My dad was the one that convinced my mom to send me to find my mate instead of forcing me into an arranged marriage with a werewolf whose mate died as an infant. But I know my mother, she won't care that I found my mate. She is still going to bring Greg along, who by now is probably the Alpha of his pack. 

My mom comes in first, her blond hair in a tight bun, and her face with a clear scowl on it. "Hello Cosette." She says, with a fake smile on her face, trying to hide the scowl she entered with.

I smile tightly, "Hello mother, this is Carter, my mate."

Carter smiles a genuine smile, and his grip on my hand tightens slightly, he can probably feel the tention, "Hello Mrs. Hills, it's a pleasure to meet you." His eyes darken considerably when he sees Greg walk in.

My stomach literally drops when my fake scenerio becomes a reality. His blond hair is slicked back, and his brown eyes are slick and gross. "What is Greg doing here?" Carter spits. 

I remove my hand from Carter's, and instead wrap my arms around his arm. A grimy grin slides on Greg's face, "I was just coming to greet my soon to be wife."

I whimper, and bury my face in Carter's chest. He is dangerously still, not making a peep as I curl up into him, terrified. "You see Carter, she was promised as my bride-"

"ENOUGH!" Carter roars. He pulls me close him, and I keep my face in his chest, not wanting to see what happens next.

"She is really beautiful." Greg says. 

A feral growl fills the air, and I can feel it rumbling in Carter's chest, "Cosette let go."

I shake my head, and look up at him. His eyes are pitch black, and he is practically shaking with rage. I whisper, "Let me handle this, okay?"

He nods his head curtly. I walk calmly up to my mother, "Mother, I found my mate. I never did, nor will I ever, want anything to do with Greg."

She snarls at me, "You are so ungrateful."

"What is so ungrateful about just wanting to be with my mate? Huh?" I turn to Greg, "And you, why don't you just fuck off! It is not my fault that your mate died! And I am certainly not going to help you cope with it! So why don't you run back to fucking pack, and go fuck yourself!" While walking back towards the safety of Carter, I turn around and snarl, "Or better yet, why don't you two just fuck each other."

My mother storms out of the house, absolutely furious, and Greg follows close behind. He is her little bitch isn't he? I turn to look at Carter, and he is still extremely pissed, but more than that, he looks hurt, "Why didn't you tell me?"

I glare at him, 'Yea because that is a great conversation to have with someone when you first meet them! Um yea my mom arranged a marriage for me!"

Carter turns arround and punches the wall, creating a massive hole. He just spewing curse words and such, and I shriek, "WHY DON'T YOU JUST TELL ME THE REASON WHY YOU ARE SO PISSED OFF?"

He growls, and slowly walks towards me, "I am so pissed off because I don't want anyone else thinking about you, because you are mine."

Every time steps towards me, I take a step back, until I am trapped between him, and the wall. His eyes briefly flicker to my lips before his lips connect with mine. I rake my hands through his hair as his lips venture to the crook of my neck where one day he will mark me. And I cannot wait for that day.

Authors note: CAN U PLEASEEEE COMMENT!!!!!