Chapter Seven

Okay, this is just a wee bit awkward. I am currently seated at a long wooden table. I am placed at one end, while Carter is placed at the other. There about 6 men on each side. Carter clears his throat, and I switch my gaze to him. His eyes are urging me to say something, so I lightly clear my throat, and everyone is immediately looking at me, "Hello, I'm Cosette."

Their gazes remain on me, and I add, "Carter's mate."

They now their heads respectively, and I feel my face turn red. Carter then starts rambling on and on about pack financing. Oh great, this is definitely a conversation I can contribute to. Note the sarcasm.

---

I know Carter chose this topic on purpose. They have been discussing money for 6 hours. And I am not over exaggerating. I glance over at my brother, and he looks absolutely bored. It turns out he is the beta so that's pretty cool.

A sigh escapes my lips, and Carter raises an eyebrow, "Cosette?"

I purse my lips, "What?"

"If you are bored feel free to leave."

His tone is filled with dry humor when he adds, "Or feel free to add something."

I raise my chin, "Actually Carter, I would like to talk about something."

He smirks, and leans back in his seat, "Go right ahead."

I clear my throat, and I immediately feel the pressure of having everyone look at me. I take a deep breath and begin, "Well...considering what is happening in the pack,"

Someone speaks up, "What's going on in the pack?"

I look at the red haired boy and respond, "Well the arrival of me, your new Luna. Carter brought it to my attention that this would bring danger to the pack. We need to strategize and find a way to protect the pack effectively."

Carter growls, "Cosette this is not something I want to be discussing with you here."

I stand up, and narrow my eyes, "Why not? Doesn't this have everything to do with me?"

He stands up, and his chair goes crashing back into the wall. "Not now Cosette."

With my eyes placed on his dark ones, I slowly sit back down in my seat. His gaze remains on me, along with the other guys at the table. Carter sits back down and is about to start talking, but I get up and say sternly, "This is not over Carter."

I burst out of the meeting room, and exit the pack house. Angrily, I walk down the road back to the house. God Carter is so annoying. He thinks he is Mr. Hotshot doesn't he? Oh actually correction: he thinks he's Mr. Sexypants. I kick a rock angrily, and I hear the pounding of feet right behind me. I quicken my pace, and yell back, "Go away."

He grabs me by the arm, and spins me around. His jaw is clenched tightly in anger, and I yank it out of his grasp, "What?"

"You cannot disrespect me like that in front of my pack." He grits.

I raise an eyebrow, "Oh really? Because I recall you disrespecting me first!"

He shakes his head, and his hands run angrily through his silky hair, "I don't know what I am going to do with you Cosette. Why are you doing this?"

I shrug, and my eyes fill with tears, "Maybe I just wanted some of your attention."

His expression softens, and he cups my face in his large hands, "I always have time for you babe."

I bring my arms around his neck, and almost immediately his lips are on mine. I sigh, and I tug on his hair. He moans, and bites my lip. A squeal escapes my lips and his tongue slip in my mouth. My body jumps with electricity, and I feel like I am in heaven. My brain is mush, and I feel like if I died right now then I wouldn't give a damn.

He pulls away his eyes are dark with lust, "I don't want other people watching us do this."

I shiver at the sound of his husky voice, and I feel like I could jump his bones right there. But then I notice the crowd looking on at their Alpha and Luna. My face heats up, and Carter blocks me from their view. My mind flashes to when we just met, and he blocked the girls view of me after we had caused a scene. His large hands grabs mine, and he whispers in my ear, "How about we go home?"

I get up on my tiptoes and whisper in his ear, "Lets go."

He shivers, and I smile. Mr. Sexypants is wrapped around my finger.

Authors note: PLEASE COMMENT GUYS!!!! AND THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING!!!