An Unheard Message

Normir found the armory, where most of the cyclopses were staying, polishing armor and weapons.  More weapons were being created here as well, being molded into shape in the furnaces.  A red glow pervaded the room, giving an ominous feeling to the wall covered with sharp weapons.  This was where the cyclopses were practicing their craft.

The craft they feared others would steal.

Normir stood on a table and removed the gem from his armor, turning visible.  His armor had been made ugly to accommodate the invisibility spell, so the sight of him was jarring.  A cyclops in hideous armor standing on the table, and he had something to say as every cyclops looked at him in astonishment.

"Fellow cyclopses!" he cried loudly! "You have been told that other nations wish to steal our metal craft.  This is a lie!"

"You're that cyclops who has taken up with the enemy!" shouted one.  Normir didn't stop.

"Hurvun has deceived you!  His spell makes you believe he talks of protecting our craft, when he really speaks of conquering the world!"

"So you admit it!" cried another cyclops angrily.

Admit what?  Normir asked himself.  He kept talking, "The other races don't want our craft, they"

"Listen to you," one interrupted him. "Boasting about the strength of your army.  You traitor!"

"Traitor!" they all cried. "Traitor!"  They chanted it over and over, and Normir understood.  Somehow the spell masked what he was saying as well.  He wanted to shout out the truth, but his people would not hear him.

"That's quite enough," said Hurvun form the corner.  The room silence and Hurvun grinned evilly. "Take him away."

Normir looked at Hurvun pitifully as he was dragged away by two of his own kind.  From a corner of the room Kemra watched, invisible.  She looked at Normir with pity, and then at Hurvun scornfully, and then left.

She thought to herself that she had to find Leevan.