This is it.

The cyclopses fired red beams of light from their swords!  Humans were dropping like flies, and the eagle men in the air had been hit from the beginning.  They turned into old men and plummeted to the ground, breaking their necks on impact.  The humans were pinned between the armored cyclopses and the drawbridge with no escape.  Then, as quickly as it had begun, it stopped.  The cyclopses stopped firing. 

The one eyed and armored men lifted their swords and backed off.  General Hevman, amid the humans, wondered what was going on, until the cyclopses parted to make way for the cyclops sorcerer Hurvun.

Leevan and Normir watched, invisible and helpless.

Hurvun grinned widely, "Surrender, General," he said. "You're outnumbered and overpowered.  Of course you were overpowered from the start, so really this surrender has been a long time coming."

The general didn't respond, he looked around at his men.  Many had hopeless faces, including Kemra.  He looked directly at her, and nodded.  She understood, and so did some of the men around her.  They huddled and she put on her sun medallion, turning invisible.

General Hevman bought her some time, "I suppose you're right Hurvun," he said, turning back the cyclops dressed in a golden cloak. "This has been a long time coming.  Though...to lose to someone whose mind is addled by dark magic...I must be pretty stupid."

He watched as soldiers were moved a little as Kemra went past them, invisible.

"Watch your mouth general," said Hurvun. "The dark magic has not 'addled my mind.'  Remember, it is my dark magic that let me win the day."

"Dark magic?  Or my own magicians stupidity.  I know that spell your cyclopses used came from his wand.  Here you are taking credit for this victory when it was all luck."

"Enough!" cried the sorcerer. "Do you surrender or not?"

He saw a tapestry move behind the cyclops army.  Kemra had made it past them.

"I do," he replied.

Hurvun grinned, "Good."

Leevan and Normir, still invisible, kept watching, looking on in horror.

"Now what?" said Normir.

"We find the spell," said Leevan. "We can still turn this around."

"How are we going to do that?" said Normir, despair in his voice. "We don't even know where the spell is."

"Maelin," said Leevan. "The general is right.  he did do something, and whatever it did affected the cyclopses...except you.  He must have tried to break the spell himself.  We find him, we find the spell."

"Fine," said Normir unenthusiastically.  They left as Hurvun's forces rounded up the humans, and as Kemra wandered the halls, also invisible.  Things had taken a turn for the worse, and even Leevan wondered how they would get out of this.