chapter 33

Harrys POV

I gasped for air when reaching the surface of the lake, trying my best to stay quiet as the dragon lay on the edge of the lake. Hermione and Ron popped up after me, I hushed them pointing over to the dragon. We waited another 30 seconds for Holly but she never showed.

'Did Holly forget to jump off?' I asked, studing the waters edge for her.

'No I was behind her, I saw her jump.' Ron said while trying to fix his hair, i rolled my eyes. You don't fix your hair at a time like this so i splashed him. Thats when it hit me, if she did jump off then she is still underwater. Before Ron had a chance to splash me back i dive underwater. The murky lake made it hard to see but a white figure could just be seen at the bottom. I swam down to the lake floor and picked up Holly, her skin was white and she had a stab wound on her side. Obviously the reason she couldn't make it to the top.

I brought her up to the surface, hearing shocked gasps escape Ron and Hermiones lips. They helped me take her to the edge, placing her on her back. Hermione placed an ear on Hollys chest listening for a heartbeat.

'She isn't breathing.' I panicked believing that she was dead but Hermione shook her head saying, 'Her hearts still beating she just needs to start breathing.' CPR wasn't something i had ever learned but I began to try and get the water out of her lungs. Hermione reached into her bag and pulled out a small bottle of cream, she put it on hollys wound and it began to heal. For what felt like an hour but was only 2 minutes we tried to revive her but couldn't and her heartbeat kept getting weaker.

'Harry, i'm sorry mate but i don't think see's going to make it.' Ron muttered but i kept trying. I had all but given up hope when i felt a jolt in her chest. Her eyes snapped open and she began to cough and splutter. She rolled onto her stomach to rid the water she had coughed up. Holly sat up holding her chest before we embraced her in a hug.

'Thank you.' She croaked and i hugged her tighter. We changed into clean, dry clothes before setting up protection charms. Holly however stayed frozen in the middle of the protective circle, as pale as a ghost. She seemed even paler than Malfoy.

Draco POV

'The Hufflepuff cup was taken, my lord.' Yaxley informed Voldemort, keeping his eyes away from the many dead goblins that lay on the floor including the one i knew as Griphook. I didn't blame him, i wouldn't look at them either. 'However, one of the girls got seriously injured. There was alot of blood, she is probably dead.'

'Which one?' Voldemort asked, anger and darkness lingering in his voice.

'The one who was our ally for a short while, the guardian.' He told him and the dark lords face lit up slightly. It took a while to process before i realised that it was Holly, my mouth dropped in shock and horror. The dark lord noticed so turned to me.

'Whats wrong Draco?' Voldemort inquired and i stiffened.

'N-nothing... She definitely d-dead?' I stuttered, feeling myself shaking under the stare of Voldemorts snake eyed stare.

'Its not for certian but it is very likely.' Yaxley anwsered, glad to have me to look at instead of the goblins. The dark lord smiled and focused on his snake.

I turned to leave the room, feeling my mothers eyes on me the whole time. The tears started to build in my eyes as i reached my room, a pain in my heart that i never felt before began to form. I can't believe shes dead.