chapter 13

Holly POV

They clock read nine thirty and the last of the weaslys retired to bed. I stared at the fire, i couldn't decide whether or not to visit Draco again. Although after what happened today prehaps he doesn't want to see me. I sigh and begin to pace back and forth.

The memorys from earlier flood to and i begin to worry even more. Draco had been hit by the cruciatus curse, what if he was hurt? That made the decision for me, so sneaking out the front door i flew off towards his manor.

I slipped through the same crack in the wall and made my way to Dracos bedroom. It was dull, not much colour but there was a beautiful veiw of the garden out of his window. He wasn't in his room so i sat on the chair in the corner a waited for him. 10 minutes later he stumbled into his room and across to the window, he stared out of it blanckly.

'Hi.' i said timidly, trying to get his attention. He spun around quickly, wand pointed in my direction. I put my hand up submissively and he lowers his wand.

'What do you want Holly? Come to get me into more trouble?' He inquired coldly, a terrible scowl across his face.

'I didn't mean to, i came to visit you but your parents caught me.' I explained

'Yeah sure and why can't i believe that!' he began to raise his voice and anger heated up inside of me but i wouldn't get mad at him.

'You obviously don't trust me, so i'll just leave.' I said sadly, moving towards his bedroom door but before i reached it he grabbed my arm.

'Don't go, i need you. I have nobody else.' He whispered, a tear escaping from his eye. I pulled him into a hug and leaned my head on his shoulder.

For the next half hour we sat on the bed and talked, it was good to be around him again he made me smile. He pulled me in closer and planted a kiss on my forehead.

'I love you.' he muttered and i whispered back ' I love you too.'

***

The next mornig i left after walking him up and saying goodbye. I had not intended to stay the whole night but had fallen asleep in his arms. It was christmas tommorow and i was due early to help wrap presents. Harry, Hermione and Ginny were in the living room when i got home.

'Where were you last night missy?' Ginny asked as i sat next to her on the sofa.

'Nowhere.' i said quickly, i don't think they would like it if they knew i was at Dracos. I better think of a lie in case they take it any further.

'Trying to avoid the question. You know your not gonna get away with that.' She told me , poking me in the shoulder. 'Where you at Malfoys?' How did she know! Better use that lie as i am pretty sure i saw Harrys face flash with anger.

'No, i was just... scouting and stuff. You know don't want death eaters to ruin christmas.' i said, rising from the sofa and heading from the kichen. I really hate this, i know they don't trust me but i guess i will have to deal with it.

***

It was about 8 when Tonks and Lupin had decided to leave. They had come to talk to Harry about something but i hadn't bothered to listen. They were on the porch saying goodbye, when Lupin suddenly went quite. He stared out into the swamp and i followed his gaze.

There was a gush of smoke and suddenly fire surrounded the Burrow, Bellatrix Lestrange stood facing us laughing. Harry ran past me and began to chase the fleeing Death eater, Ginny close on his heals. I turned into my bird form ammediatly and followed them.

Greyback was on my tail, so i swivelled to the right and disappeared into the reeds. I could hear shouting, so i ran in that direction and flew into the air again. Bellatrix was about to throw a spell at Harry so i dived down and knocked the wand from her hand.

My maneuver caught the attention of Greyback and once again he began to chase me. The Burrow was just up ahead, if i could get there he won't be able to get me. But as that thought ran through my head, he fired a spell. It ran right across my Left wing, creating a huge gash. I toppled to the ground, too weak to keep up my bird form. I was at the clearing outside the Burrow, but couldn't make it any further from the place i had fallen.

Blood gushed from my arm and i felt myself begin to fall unconscious. But before i did i heard the terrible cackle of Bellatrix and then the burrow was up in flames.