chapter 2

Harry POV

I saw Holly jump from the shadows before Malfoy hit her with stupefy. It all happened so fast, not that I could react anyway. When she fell, her head got knocked badly. I wanted to help her but the spell he put on me kept me from moving. Damn Malfoy! He looked down at me, scowling, while kicking out his foot to break my nose. I wanted to cry in pain but I couldn't. Instead, the hate boiled up inside of me directed at the white weasle.

'Thats for my father,' Malfoy snarled, 'Enjoy the ride back to London, Potter!' he finished befor walking off the train.

It was such a relief when Luna showed up, allowing me to move again. I went over to Holly, she was unconcious. The bump wasn't bleeding so it would probably just be a bad headache. I wouldn't want to be Malfoy when she wakes up. I decided I would have to carry her to the carriages.

There we saw proffessor Flitwick, who greeted us before closing the gates. In the most unusual way though, I have to say. Unfortunatly there where no carriages left appart from the one Malfoy had. This was going to be a long walk and I was already tired. I sighed.

'What are we to do with Holly, sir?' I asked Flitwick, as it dawned on me that i probably wouldn't be able to carry her all that way in my state. The person who gave me an anwser caused my mouth to drop in shock.

'She can ride in my carriage since your too much of a weakling to carry her.' Malfoy replied, a large smirk plastered onto his face. I wanted desperately  to say no but I knew I hade no choice, Holly was going to kill me when she woke up. i placed her down on the opposite seat to Malfoy, avoiding eye contact. I'd probably punch him if I looked. Jumping down, I returned to Luna's side. I gave him one last glare before they headed off leaving me and Luna to head to the castle by foot.

Holly POV

I woke to the sound of stones underneath the carriage, my head pounded and the rumbling didn't help. I let out a groan and kept my eyes shut. A large sigh from some one opposite alerted me. I whipped my eyes open. Ajusting my eyes, i see Malfoy sitting opposite me. I sit bolt upright then, rembering what had happend earlier. Instantly my head began to ache terribly and another groan escaped my lips. A frown creeps onto my face as i look at him smirking at me.

'What are you smirking at Malfoy?' I finally snap, as the carriage comes to a hault. All the motion was making me sick, not to mention being within 5 metres of him.

'Nothing.' he replies bluntly, jumping down from the carriage. He reaches out a hand to help me down but i ignore and got down by myself.

The path appeared slightly wonky, so I gripped the carriage for support. A hand grabbed my elbow to steady me. Malfoy let go quickly and I shyed away from his touch. Slowly I stumbled towards the school.

'Aren't you forgeting something?' Malfoy says, i turn looking at him questionly. 'Shouldn't you thank me, for helping you.'

I scoffed, raising my eyebrows. The smirk stayed on his face and he raised his eyebrows mockingly.

'No, your the one who did that to me so it was only fair you help me!' I said angrily, glaring at him.

There was what appeared to be a flash of guilt on his face before he wiped all emotion and turned back to the carriage to collect his stuff. I froze for a second before shaking my head and heading for the school. Must have hit my head really bad to imagine things like that.