chapter 31

Draco POV

The dark lord stared me, Narcissa and Bellatrix straight in the face. His wands pointed in our direction, my heart is pounding in my chest, trying to free itself of my chest. After some careful thinking, that seemed to last forever, the dark lord scowled and simply decided to put us in house arrest. Great, now i'm stuck in this stupid house that i hate so much.

I breathed deeply, relieved that Voldemort had left us in one piece. Retiring to my room for some piece, i hear some thing from behind the door. I freeze, my heart suddenly going at full speed again. What if he hadn't left, I spun around re-thinking about going in there. But before i can take two steps away, i hear a sneeze echoing out from the room. Well that was weird, I am pretty sure the dark lord doesn't sneeze. He probably can't with that nose.

Taking my wand out of my back pocket, I held it against the door. I push the oak door open slowly, peering around the edge. A girl with blond hair stands staring at my desk in the far corner, I can't see her face. I sneek up behind her and when i am only a few inches away, nudge her in the back. She spins around in panic and i stumble back in shock. Those blue eyes stare into mine, a smile gracing her lips.

'H-Holly, what a-are you doing h-here?' I stuttered much to my annoyance, she has an effect on me.

'I came to see you.' she said, taking a step towards me. I took a step back, I know that i can't let her get close. Its for her and my safety. A frown crosses her face and she takes another step forward, which in turn i then take a step back. 'Why won't you come near me?'

It killed me inside to hear the sadness and hurt in her voice but me and mother had already decided that it would be best for us not to be together for now. When I didn't answer her, her frown deepend. This time round she took several steps towards me so she was only an inch away. My breath caught in my throat and i closed my eyes so i didn't look into hers. I felt her warm hands cup my face, so i snapped my eyes open. Those rosy lips were so close and i felt myself leaning down to kiss her.

Just then i came to my senses and moved away, out of her grasp. Holly sighed, taking a couple of steps back this time. She grabbed something round her neck and held it tightly before picking up her wand off the desk.

'Before i go, can you tell me when you began to hate me?' She muttered, looking to the floor. The question took me by suprise.

'I don't hate you, I'm just... ' I stopped in my tracks not sure how to explain it, she glanced up from the floor. Her eyes met mine for a second but i looked away, so i could think straight.

'If you don't hate me then why are you acting like this?' Holly argued, raising her voice a little. I put a finger to my lips as i heard someone walk past and she put a hand over her mouth.

'I act like this because i want to keep you safe, its better if we aren't together. I'm scared that if we stay close we will both get hurt.' I whisper and a look of fustration crosses her face.

'You think i'm not scared, of course i'm scared. I came here today just to see you, facing the possibilty of being captured by all those people out there who want me dead. But I still came.' She said, taking one step closer to me. This time I didn't take a step back but forward also, so we were only half a meter away from each other.

'If your scared, then why did you come?' I inquired, an edge in my voice.

'Because no matter how much i try to tell myself i shoudn't... I love you Draco Malfoy.' She explained, now only inches from me. I couldn't help myself after that, I closed the gap that sperated us and kissed her. I felt her return it immediately and we stayed like this for a long time. When we pulled away, we were gasping for breath. Holly put her slender arms around me and buried her head in my shoulder, I rested my chin on her head.

'I love you too.' I whispered and i felt her smile.

Holly POV

I stayed with Draco until night fell, I needed to get back to shell cottage. If I stayed any longer there would be trouble between me and Harry and he already doesn't trust me. I slipped out of the crack in the wall and disapparated out. It is a horrible feeling, I can't even explain how much i would like to fly again.

The lights are still on in the cottage but I have no need to enter as Harry is already waiting for me. I smile at him but his face stays the same. He begins to walk off  towards the dunes, so i follow. We stop deep in the dunes when the cottage only seems like a play house. He faces me, inspecting me.

'Where did you go?' He asks, a look of pure mistrust on his face.

'I just needed to get away for a while, after what happend I figured you wouldn't want to see me.' I said, I wasn't lying but i wasn't telling the exact truth either.

'Are you sure you didn't go to Voldemort to tell him our plan.' He accuses and my mouth drops in shock.

'You seriously think i would do that?' I inquired in disbelief and hatred crossed his face.

'I don't know anymore Holly, you have already joined the dark lord once...' He begins

'Not by choice!' I yelled at him and i saw his hand hover over the pocket in which he kept the wand. I took a step back, he really thinks I am on the other side. I grab my wand from my pocket and before he even has chance to reach for his...

I throw mine to the ground in front of him. He stares at it then at me in shock and disbelief. He hold his wand slightly towards me but he seems confused as to whether to use it defensively.

'If you don't trust me then kill me Harry.' I say in all seriousness, 'Your my best friend, you have to understand that i would never hurt you.' He seems to be lost in thought, a look on his face that i can't make out.

'Do you remember the day we went into Hogsmeade and we pranked all those slytherins, how much fun we had...

The time at christmas when we tried out your new broom for the first time and almost knocked over on of the gargoyles...

When all four of us used to sit in front of the common rooms fire and talk forever...

They're the memories that i keep forever but i need you to do that Harry. Hermione and Ron also.' I finally finish, looking from him to the ground. He slips his wand back into his pocket and picks up mine before approaching me. Harry gives me my wand and pulls me into a hug, muttering, 'We need you too.' I smile and he smiles back before we head back to the cottage, as friends this time.