chapter 32

Holly POV

The streets of Diagon Ally were quiet and creepy, not its usual happy self. I stand, as a wolf, beside Bellatrix, growling at people as they pass. Of course its not acctually Bellatrix otherwise i would have bitten her hand or something, its Hermione in disguise. A man walks past, a death eater, and reaches out a hand to touch me. I snap at him and he falls back in suprise, I snigger at him. Harry nudges me from behind his invisiblity cloak and i fall of balance. I growl as i hit the shop wall, snarling at the women trying not to laugh. I rejoin the others, standing on the side furthest away from Harry.

We reach Gringotts and i hesitate to go inside, i have a bad feeling. The others carry on inside, so i follow. The goblins stare at me in shock so i growl at them, they step back in fear. I can't help myself from smiling at their idiocy. The others reach the front desk but i stay behind, staring at the goblins as they cower in fear. I bark and they all whimper. As i join the others, i am elbowed violently in the ribs. I howl slightly but otherwise keep my calm.

'Stop it Holly or I will put you on a lead.' Harry warns, standing with his hand on my fur. We were about to enter when a goblin stops us in our tracks.

'The dog can't go, it will have to stay up here.' He explains, I growl and he steps back startled.

'Thats fine, just don't bother her. She bites.' Hermione says and i smile to myself. The others carry on, while i turn and pace the main floor. Every so often i will bark or growl and the tiny goblins would cower or jump. This is so much fun.

Suddenly the floor began to shake and all of the scales started to fall from the high tables the sat apon. Without any grip on my paws, i kept falling. So, reluctantly, I changed back into my human form. The goblins started to shout, many of them running down stairs while the others were staring at me. I reached for my wand but was thrown backwards before i could. Landing behind the tables, I feel a sharp, unbearable pain shooting up my left side. A broken scale lies in my side, I pull it out and blood starts to drip from the wound.

Pulling myself to my feet, barely, the ground begins to shake more violently. I fall back, unable to keep myself on my feet. A crack rips through the middle of the marble floor and a dragons head appears from it. The force sends the table to the ground towards me, I skid across the floor just missing the falling heap of wood. My heart is beating furiously in my chest and i feel myself panicking.

Something on the dragons back catches my eyes, its Harry and the others. At the same time i spot them they spot me. Harry reaches out his hand, i climb on top of the fallen table and grab his hand, just. Ron pulls on my other hand, heaving me up onto the beasts back. The dragon bursts through the glass roof, causing me and Hermione to scream, or who i would hope was Hermione by the girly scream.

It began to fly, its crooked wings trying their best to keep the dragon in the air. The cold wind whipped at my face and hands, they started to go numb. As we flew further and further away from Gringotts, i felt myself getting weaker and weaker. The injury in my side was pretty serious and i was losing alot of blood.

'We have to jump!' Harry shouted, his voice only just heard over the wind.

'What?!' Hermione cried, terror haunting her voice although i know she is trying to hide it.

'In the lake.... 1, 2, 3 NOW!' He yelled and we let go of the dragons scales. I fell for what felt like 5 minutes before we hit the icy water. The sudden coldness shocked my already weak body, It was too much to take. While the others made there way to the surface, i felt my body begin to shut down.  Blood still poured out of my side as my body gave up and i sank to the bottom of the lake.