chapter 15

Holly POV

Its been a month since we came back to Hogwarts and my arm has been healing well. The large gash that once occupied my whole left arm is now just a large scratch. Draco has kept his word and not mocked Harry or the others which has kept them in good mood. Its the end of Febuary and Ron's birthday is in a few weeks, i still haven't got him anything yet. We where talking about that subject in the courtyard during one of our free periods.

'Its gonna be awsome turning 17! I bet i get expensive gifts from mom and dad.' Ron blabbed, he had been doing this for about and hour now and it was getting old. At least Lavender wasn't here, she's so annoying. Ron gave us a quick wink, a sign telling us not to forget to get him a present. I giggled along with Hermione, it was good to hang out with her. We didn't do it much anymore because of Lavender... Speak of the devil.

'Won-won, where have you been? I have been looking for you.' She chirped, i think i am gonna puke. Lavender ran up to Ron and started full on snogging. OK now i really am gonna puke and i think Harry was thinking the same thing, so we pulled ourselves up from the stone bench and followed Hermione. She had already run off as soon as Lavender had shown up, they were not on good terms.

We found her leaning against the wall outside the great hall, she looked upset. I gave her a hug as we arrived and smiled warmly.

'Do you want to get some thing to eat?' Harry asked us, directing it more at Hermione to try and keep her mind off Ron.

'Sure.' she said quietly and began to make her way to the Great hall. Just as we reached the doors, Draco came bursting out with his two goons (Crabb and Goyle) close behind him. He rammed into Hermione, causing her to stumble backwards. He didn't turn around but kept stomping off in the direction he was headed but not before snarling,

'Be careful, you stupid little Mudblood.' I stood there shocked, Draco wasn't usually like this. What was wrong with him? Rage was clear on Harry's face as he ran, trying to catch up to Draco. Me and Hermione were close on his heels.

'Malfoy, get back here.' Harry shouted, Draco span around on the spot and glared at him.

'What?!' He shouted back, the goons snickered behind him.

'You filthy slytherin. Apologise to Herm...' Harry began

'Apologise to a mudblood, as if!' Draco scoffed, causing Hermione to dip her head sadly.

'Thats enough Malfoy.' I said

'What are you going to do about it? Go and tell your parents? Oh wait you and Harry can't can you.' he stated and i could feel the tears begin to form in the back of my eyes. Harry gave Draco a death glare and stalked off toward the common room. We followed him quickly and i tried my best to keep back the tears.

How could Draco say such a thing? He knows how sensitive i am about my parents. They were killed by Voldermort the week before he went after Harry, thats why i agreed to be his guardian. Maybe the Draco i saw is the real Draco and if it is... I can't be with him anymore.

Draco POV

I am so angry and fustrated today. My father has been punishing me for every little thing i have done wrong and when i tried out the vanishing cabinate today the bird came back dead. I was so bad today that i even had ago at Holly. I know what i did was wrong, she is really sensitive about her parents. She just happened to be in my line of fire.

I stared up at the stars, the moon lit up the astronomy tower and made it look beautiful. I had sent Holly a message by owl to meet me here but i am not sure if she will come. I sat there for half an hour, glancing from the sky to the stairs. There was a ruffle from on of the sheets in storage and Holly stepped out from the shadows. Her face was filled with sadness and stained with tears. I sighed and went over to hug her but was stopped as she put up her force field.

'Whats wrong?' i asked looking into her eyes.

'Draco, the person you were today...' she began, facing the floor but i stoped her before she could finish.

'That wasn't me...' i said but she cut me off

'Of course it was you, It was the person i fought for 5 years.' she stated

'I didn't mean what i said, I am just stressed at the momment.'

'Well you wouldn't be if you weren't a death eater.'

'Had to use that one didn't you!'

'I was just stating the truth.'

'Well so was i earlier.' I shouted but regreted it at once as her face fell and tears formed in her eyes again.

'I am sorry Draco but maybe we are just too different.' she muttered, turning so she was facing the stairs. I stared at her for a momment, not understanding her.

'What are you saying?' I inquired

'It's over.' she whispered before running down the stairs and out of sight.