My Heart

This is a story based on the song My Heart by Paramore. It's my favourite song, so I wrote a little story around it. Enjoy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~

"Jessie, I really just want to go home," I nagged for the millionth time as my best friend dragged me into her favourite bar.

"No, Lara, you need to get out of this funk,"

I sighed, because in all honesty, she was right. I did need to get out of the depression I had been sucked into ever since the break up. I hadn't gotten over it, yet. I wasn't so sure that I ever would.

Jessie's dark hair flew into my face as she dragged me to a booth directly across from the stage where one or another band would probably be performing. I sighed and slumped back into the red fake leather of the comfy seat while Jessie ordered drinks and flirted with the waiter.

I kept my eyes on the stage as the band finished setting up, it was a little weird that they chose to set up in the dark. They probably wanted to add a little mystery to who they are, good strategy, one that he always used to use with his...NO, no, I absolutely will not go down that road. I did not need to be thinking of him.

I tried my best to ignore Jessie and her flirty ways as the lights in the bar dimmed and the band started strumming their instruments to one of my favourite songs. I disticntly recognized the sound of My Heart by Paramore as the band started to play.

I am finding out that maybe I was wrong,

The voice of the lead singer made my heart nearly stop. NO, it couldn't be... Only it was. The lights hit center stage and there stood the lead singer of my ex-boyfriend's band, singing a cover of MY favourite song. A song I introduced him to, the bastard.

That I've fallen down and I can't do this alone,

Stay with me, this is what I need, please?

Heather, the lead singer, kept singing, and I couldn't stop myself from searching for him among the rest of the guys, but he wasn't there. Did he quit the band?

Sing us a song, and we'll sing it back to you.

We could sing our own, but what would it be without you? Oh,

The reason we broke up was busy singing my favourite song, I could barely breathe, but he wasn't there. Does that mean he didn't want her as much as she wanted him? I only left him because they were such a perfect match and she just wouldn't stop pursuing him. He had feelings for her before he met me, he told me he would always have feelings for her, and so I left him. How could I possibly stay after hearing that?

I am nothing now and it's been so long,

Since I've heard a sound, the sound of my only hope

This time, I will be listening,

Sing us a song, and we'll sing it back to you (sing it back to you)

We could sing our own, but what would it be without you? Oh,

I watched Heather intently, noticing her eyes were trained on someone in the far left corner of the bar. I looked up, straight into Lane's eyes. He was sitting at a table all by himself, his dark hair falling in wisps over his darker eyes. He didn't look at Heather once, his eyes were only on me, and I couldn't rip my own away from his.

This heart, it beats, beats for only you,

One of the guys from the stage headed over to Lane as he stood up and took a mic from the guy, keeping his eyes only on me. I was hyperventilating as he slowly made his way to me.

This heart, it beats, beats for only you, my heart is yours,

I shot a glance at Heather who kept singing, though her eyes darted between me and Lane, tears streaming down her face as realization set in.

My heart, it beats for you,

Lane belted out into the mic as he continued to walk over to me like a predator stalking its prey.

This heart, it beats, beats for only you, my heart is yours.

Heather was singing it out to him, and he was singing it out to me. He didn't glance her way once and she seemed to give in, defeated though she kept singing.

Please don't go now, please don't fade away,

Lane sang as he stared into my eyes with that intensity he always had,

Please don't go now, please don't fade away,

Heather kept singing, but her voice drowned into the background for me as the love of my life kept heading my way with tears in his eyes that probably resembled mine.

Please don't go now, please don't fade away!

He finally reached my table, his voice coming out more desperate now, but he kept up his strong façade,

Please don't go now, please don't fade away,

He bent down before me on one knee, eyes boring into mine.

Please don't go , please don't fade away,

The lyrics were his way of pleading with me to stay, begging me not to fade from his life.

Please don't go now, please don't fade away?

My heart is yours.

He and Heather sang the last line in unison, though he kept his eyes on me, taking my hand in his own.

"I mean that, my heart really is yours, Lara. I can fix this. I left the band, I broke off all contact with all of them, for you. I don't feel anything for anyone other than you. I was just so afraid of how much you made me feel... damn, I sound like a sissy, but I would do that for you. I am doing that for you. You mean more to me than the band, or Heather. She's my childhood friend, but you are my forever. I mean that."

I knew it was hard for him to express his feelings in words, but his actions always far surpassed that. I mean, clearly, he sucked at voicing his emotions, but I loved that about him. And so, I showed him by grabbing his face and kissing him in front of a bar full of people.

The kiss was as electrifying as it always is, his lips were soft, but the way he kissed turned desperate like he never wanted to let go. I pulled away after a short kiss and rested my head against his, smiling against his lips.

"My heart is yours,"