Vampires In Vegas

I woke up with a pounding headache, a burning throat, and an annoyingly painful feeling on the side of my neck. Gripping my head, I sat up in bed, not caring about my surroundings at that moment since my throat was on FIRE.

I croaked out and rubbed my eyes to clear away the blurriness of sleep, only to be met by a foreign room. This was NOT my hotel room, what the hell?

The room I was in was a million times fancier than the one I had been renting. The room was wide and open and so intensely white. The walls, the sofas, the carpet, just everything, so clinical. That alone made it clear to me that I was currently in one of the most expensive (if not the most expensive) hotel in Vegas.

How did I get here?

A movement to my left had me freezing in my spot, I turned my head slowly to the body beside mine and groaned out loud.

Oh, hell no!

Lying beside me in complete naked glory was the hottest guy I think I had ever seen. His hair was thick and wavy and completely messy from sleep, his body was toned and lean and muscular, making it hard to tear my face away from it. His jaw was sharp and strong, decorated by stubble that just made him look that much more delicious, he looked so peaceful while he slept, so darn beautiful that my heart ached. But that didn't take my attention away from the fact that his handsome face was bringing back some memories from last night.

~*~*~*~*

The baking convention I had been attending had finally come to a close for the day, and I desperately needed some rest. As the owner of my own bakery, I loved learning new recipes that I could introduce to the people back home. Usually, this convention was held in the small town where I lived, but it was moved to Vegas so we could welcome a few famous names to the guest speaker's list. It was super exciting to see the big wigs at work and to learn so many new things that I could try out in my bakery, but that didn't mean that it wasn't exhausting. So when I finally made it through the throngs of people to the outside of the fancy hotel where the convention was being held, I really wasn't in the mood to be messed with.

But, of course, that's not how life works, it seems. Heading out towards the double doors of the hotel, someone promptly bumped into me, knocking red wine all over my white sundress and brown hair. I gasped, looking down at my ruined outfit when the jackass who had bumped into me decided to blow up,

"Watch where you're going you incompetent fool!" He yelled in a slight accent that I couldn't place, I glared up at him, standing there in his fancy Armani suit and glowering down at me as if I was the one at fault.

"You complete jackass!" I yelled right back, "don't you have any manners or common decency?! You bumped into ME, not the other way around, you jerk!"

He seemed taken aback, but I could care less at the moment. So I stormed off, leaving a sexy asshole behind staring at me in shock.

Later that night I decided that I had every right to treat myself to a night out, especially since the wine that jerk had dumped on me would not fully come out in some places, almost as if the wine wasn't the only thing that was in his glass. Ugh, it was probably some stupid, super expensive wine that would never get out.

I managed to leave all that behind me as I walked into the club that I heard so much about. It was super dark and the atmosphere was thick around me, people dancing and grinding and drinking everywhere I looked. I seriously hated the club scene, but I needed it tonight, so I headed over to the bar and started throwing back shots.

At some point in the night, I found myself in the middle of the dancefloor with some random guy grinding against me to the beat of a seriously loud song. I threw my head back and let myself get lost in the music until I felt the heat of the guy in front of me disappear. I looked back in his direction only to see him being held up by the collar by the hot jerk who dumped his wine on me. By his facial expression, I could see just how ticked off he was, his eyes were dark with fury as he glared down the guy and shouted something in his face before shoving the guy to the ground. He grabbed my arm and started yanking me towards the private rooms of the club.