Chapter 28

A/N The rest of the book is now going to be in Carmen's point of view.

After school the next day I came home to hearing my mom yelling and crying.

"Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!" I hear my mom rapidly say running down the stairs.

"Was I supposed to say bull before each of those shits?" I ask.

"No, I have a secret right now and I'm not going to tell you until I know it's for sure."

"Let's see. You think Collin is going to propose."

"No."

"You think he's going to break up with you because if so I'll kick his ass."

"No. Fine, I'll tell you. I think I'm pregnant."

My mind started racing. I'd no longer be an only child, but, what would happen to my mom and Collin's relationship? Would they still be dating? Would they get married? Would they break up?

"I think it sounds great though." I say.

"But, we've only been dating for two months. Almost three. It just seems too soon." my mom starts panicking.

"It's not something to fuss about. Knowing Collin, he'd take care of you and who knows maybe he'll take your guys' relationship a step forward. Besides, I think it'd be great having a little baby brother or sister that is actually related to me."

"Thank you, baby." my mom says hugging me.

My mom then left to the drugstore. I had Tyler come over that afternoon. Things got a little out of hand but lets keep this PG. I get up to go to the bathroom really quick. Before jumping in bed and cuddling with Tyler. I even fell asleep on top of him.

"What time is your mom getting home?" he asks.

"Probably late. More than likely out with her boyfriend."

"If you don't mind me asking whatever happened to your dad?"

"I haven't told many people only because I vaguely remember it. But, this is how it went,"

"Okay, sweetie, time for bed." my dad says. It was a night at my grandparnets' cabin where it would just be my mom, my dad, and myself. I was only five. It was extremely cold out in Bremerton. Streets were slick and covered in ice. Windows were covered in ice as well. It's almost the last night we spend here in Bremerton. Then we head back home to San Diego.

"Oh, come on, let's watch another movie." I beg.

"We've ran out of movies that we've seen." my mom says.

"I can go get a movie to rent but, you, little miss, have to be ready to go to bed right after the movie." my dad says. He puts on his coat and jacket before giving me a quick hug.

"I love you, daddy." I say.

"I love you too, princess."

"Be safe. Roads are slippery." my mom says before giving my dad a quick kiss.

An hour passes and my dad still isn't back. I start drifting in and out of sleep. When I wake up, I hear cries of saddness. I sit up, grab my blanket and walk over to my crying mom.

"Mommy, what's wrong?" I ask.

"Daddy's not coming home. Daddy, is gone. He's horribly injured." my mom cries. Everyone then starts putting on jackets and shoes before heading out the door. I was put into footie pajamas and a blanket before being squished in the car between my mom and one of my aunts. We show up to the hospital where I become even more frightened. We meet with my grandfather who led us down multiple hallways. Each had a sign that said morgue. We reached the room my dad was in, and I almost died inside. I looked away when they revealed my father's dead body.

"What- what exactly happened?" my grandmother asks.

"Police believe he slipped on some black ice while driving and crashed into a semi. He's in better conditions than most people have been found in accidents like that." the doctor says.

I was bawling. I missed my dad so much. Him and I were so close and when he was here our family was whole.

Tyler then kisses my forehead before walking out of the room. When he comes back upstairs, he has one of the tubs of ice cream from the freezer and a spoon before hopping back onto my bed next to me. He puts his arm around me and hands me the ice cream.

We watch a bit of How I Met Your Mother before he checked the time and realized he had to go home.

"Just stay the night. My mom would be okay with it. Pretty sure your parents would be okay with it." I say.

"Fine. I'll be back then." he says before kissing my nose. He throws on his sweater and walks out of my room. I lay in bed a bit before heading downstairs. When I get down there, my mom walks in with this combonation face of disappointment and shock.

"Well?" I ask.

"Do you want a baby brother or sister?" she asks.

"A baby sister!" I yell before running over and giving her a big hug. "Have you told Collin yet?"

"I'm telling him this Friday."

"Oh my god! I'm so excited!"

"Don't get too excited. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to see if it's true or not."

"Still. I'm going to be a big sister!"

"Alright I'm going to order two pizzas."

About five minutes later, Tyler walks in. He's got an overnight bag in hand and his keys in the other.

"You have something want to ask?" my mom says.

"Can he stay the night?"

"Sure, I'll just order three pizzas then."

Tyler and I then head upstairs to my room. He takes off his sweater before laying in the bed next to me. Once I hear the door bell ring downstairs, I grab two boxes of pizza and bring them upstairs. The rest of the evening was spent watching Netflix and eating pizza with Tyler because there's no better way to finish off a great day.

"Bitch, you have your own pizza." I say as Tyler tries taking a slice from my box.

"I'll trade you a slice of my pizza for a slice of your pizza." Tyler says.

"Alright, in okay with that."

My mom then walks in and takes my pizza. "I'm eating for two I deserve a second pizza." she says before walking out of the room.

~~~hey everyone so, like, here's another chapter. This book is almost over and it's a strange thought to even think that it's like this. It really went in multiple directions I didn't expect lol. I love you guys and I hope you still remember to vote, share, and comment because I love you guys.