Chapter 11

Carmen's POV

That evening at my house, Gia came over to visit. As usual we did our weird things. Such as dressing up in weird clothing and acting like we're rappers.

"Yo, yo, Carmen, drop me a beat." Gia says as I start "beat boxing" for her. "Oh, I went downtown there I saw Charlie Brown, he was there with this bitch Felicia, I tried getting away from her because she's like a seven day itch. But damn, how do I stay away from the trucker who stole my smucker. No, he wasn't raised in Compton. It was Hampton. I put my foot down and said, oh hail nah. Word." she then drops the "microphone" and crosses her arms.

"Oh my god." Ashton says falling over and laughing.

"Alright, Gia, drop me a beat." I say as she does weird sounds. "No, let me take over then." I then cleared my throat. "I woke up one morning to see that it was sunny. My boy Ashton turned to me and said good morning, honey. I ran around the house to find a place to scream but then I got bored and found whipped cream. I spray some as I hummed and then there was no more I was bummed. My mom yelled at me and told me run. But then I was like uh uh hun."

We absolutely suck at these "rap battles." So I sat back down with Ashton and laid my head on his shoulder. I feel Ashton's jaw rub against my face and I realize how stubby it is. I raise my head to examine his face and notice the stubble along his jaw.

"What?" he asks.

"You haven't shaved your face." I say as he makes a worried face. "It's pretty cute." his face softens into a less worried face.

"Why are you guys so adorable?" Gia asks.

"I don't know. I guess it comes naturally." I reply.

Once Gia left Ashton and I were finally able to have us time. Something we don't usually have because someone is usually with us at the same time.

"I don't understand one thing about girls." Ashton starts saying. "Why do they look shirtless guys? There is nothing attractive about it."

"I don't know. I guess it's usually when they have abs or the v-line I guess. I don't necessarily care for either. As long as you look great, you have a great personality, and you don't care what I look like." I explain.

"Ah, then I don't see why you want me then. I don't look good at all." he says before I smack his chest. "Ow, what was that for?"

"Shut up. You look great. Even when you just woke up." I say.

"No I don't."

"What the hell did I just say?"

"Yes, master." We turn on a movie and watch the Vow. "Really? You just want to see Channing Tatum shirtless."

"No, I just want to watch it."

"Yeah, sure." he says.

My mom then walks into the room. "Are all the rooms clean?" she asks.

"Yeah, why?" I ask.

"Thanksgiving is coming up and you know everyone wants to come over here."

"Shit, do we need any groceries?"

"Yes, I made up a list while at work. Just, please make sure it's cheap."

I take the list from my mom and grab my keys and sweater before leaving with Ashton. We head to the closest grocery store and get what we need.

"Okay, turkey, we'll get that last. Wine, beer, too young to get it. Eggs. Any vegetables. Fruit. Canned goods. Baking stuff. This is just great." I say as we walk down to the baking department. I grab brownie makings, pie crusts, oatmeal, chocolate chips, peanut butter, pudding. All of it because my family goes all out when it comes to the holidays. You will show up skinny as a twig. Just skin and bones. Then leave as fat as pig.

"Why do you guys need so much food?" Ashton asks me.

"It's my family's favorite thing. Plus there's my mom's three brothers and their wives and their eight kids plus her parents. Then there's my dad's side of the family who occasionally come which there's his two sisters, their husbands, his brother and his wife, and their nine kids and his parents. Big family means lots of food is needed. It gets insane. Then my parents' siblings and their kids stay there or get hotels same with my grandparents. Trust me. By the end of all this you become pretty happy you made a lot of food and that we have a big house." I explain quickly.

Ashton's POV

I've never actually celebrated thanksgiving before with my family. We usually just make a turkey soup or something. But the fact that Carmen and her family go out of their way just to make an entire buffet for a what seems like a minor holiday, is just insane.

After picking up almost everything on the list we head back to her house and get everything out of the car. All refrigerator stuff went into the fridge. Freezer stuff was in the freezer. And everything else left on the counter.

"First things first we are making desserts." Carmen says grabbing ingredients.

A few hours passes as we have made six pies, three batches of no bake cookies, two dozen cupcakes, and three platters of fudge which were extremely rich. Carmen explained how usually the day of they make the main courses and two days before they make the deserts. By the time we were making the desserts some of her relatives showed up.

"Oh my gosh, Aunt Vivie, Uncle Harvey, Trinity, Brad, and Jonathan are all here." she says opening the front door as they all walk into the house.

"Oh my goodness, Carmen, you have gotten so big since I last saw you." a lady who I assume is her aunt.

"Yeah, um, Aunt Vivie, Uncle Harvey, Brad, Trinity, Jonathan, this is my boyfriend and neighbor Ashton." Carmen introduces me. I wave slightly before we hear another knock at the door.

Carmen runs back over to the door to reveal a few more people. "Aunt Jessica, Uncle Robert, Katie, Amy, and Mia are here." she yells walking back into the room. "Is anyone else coming over tonight or, is it just you guys?"

"So far I think it's just us. Everyone else is either flying in tomorrow or the day after. Then they're either staying with your cousins in town, staying at a hotel, or here." her Aunt Jessica.

"And I don't think most of your family from your dad's family are coming. Everyone is caught in the storms. Except your grandparents." her Uncle Harvey says.

"Well, in that case, everyone make yourselves at home. I hope you guys are okay with just pizza for dinner tonight. We've been making the desserts all evening." Carmen says. Everyone agrees and then she gestures for me to go with her. We leave and get in her car. "So, since my dad's family is unable to make it, would your family like to join us in thanksgiving?"

"I'd have to talk to my mom about it but, I think she would enjoy celebrating a holiday filled with just eating." I say as we both laugh.

We arrive to the closest Dominoes. Walking inside it was a bit chilly but I could tell Carmen was freezing because she kept holding onto me like we were cuddling. We ordered the pizzas and once we left I took her keys from her opened the driver's door turned on the car and heater then opened the passenger door for her. I made her hold onto the pizzas for extra warmth.

~~~Hey everyone so high school has started for me. Great. Whoo. Anyways. It's weird seeing old friends and making new friends who are upper classmen. Anyways, go ahead click the vote, share, and comment buttons and I will love you all forever.