Chapter 18

Carmen's POV

I cuddle up to Ashton on my bed as we eat junk food and watch Netflix. It was just great to be back in his arms. They are so comforting. Suddenly Ashton pauses the movie.

"What's wrong?" I ask grabbing his hand.

"I have something I need to tell you." My mind automatically goes to the worst case scenarios. Is he cheating? Does he want to break up? Does he have to move back to Australia? "So, while you were gone, an old I guess rival of mine showed up to my house on Christmas. There's long dark story that she holds but she's the reason it was difficult for me to even start being with you. She ruined dating for me. I got so scared when I saw her I started beating myself up. I got to a point where I needed someone around me at all times. I thought you should know this."

"Thank you, and I'm glad you did. Are you comfortable with telling me what she did?" I ask.

"Okay, but you have to promise not to tell anyone else."

"Does it look like I'd tell anyone?" He lets out a soft laugh.

"When I was fourteen I fell for her. She was the first girl I had a crush on. Mind you she was a senior in high school so of course I couldn't date her without it seeming weird. Well, one day she invited me over to her house," I could see him holding back feelings he knows he wants to let out but is afraid to show. "I thought it would be the best thing ever. Well, she got me this weird brownie and I was told it was laced with something I never was told exactly what it was. She led me to her room and she took advantage of me. She hit me, called me vulgar words, I still have a scar from when she hit me on my back." My jaw drops. "I somehow had the ability to still have my mom come pick me up. I ran into the car as soon as my mom showed up and locked the door. I was frightened to hell. I told her almost everything that happened except for the abusive part. You and Michael are the only ones who know about that part." His grip on me became tighter.

I turn our bodies so we're facing each other. I then out my hands on his shoulders and have him look me dead in the eye. "Hey, you don't have to worry about those things with me. There's honestly nothing you have to worry about. I- I need you and I wouldn't break something I need." I say. Simultaneously, we both lean in closer to kiss each other. I can feel him slowly relaxing again. We pull away then go back to watching the movie.

After a while I start feeling tired, so Ashton turned off the TV and we both just turned over, he pulled me closer, and I fell asleep. I woke up the next morning and he was still asleep. I buried my face into his chest a bit more. Taking in the scent of his cologne. He starts to wake up a little bit after that.

"Morning, baby." He says after kissing the tip of my head.

"So, what do we want to do today?" I ask.

"How about we go ice skating?" He suggests. I agree with him.

He heads over to his house to get dressed while I start to get ready. I curl my hair into loose curls. Then I do smokey eyes for eye-shadow with cat eye eyeliner. I put on a white long sleeve shirt with a plaid scarf and grey jeans. I then put on a pair of black ankle high boots and heavy jacket. I head downstairs, grab my wallet, and my phone before heading out the door. Ashton then walks out of his house with his keys in hand and we both get in his car before leaving.

Once we arrive to the ice skating rink it's absolutely freezing. It's slightly snowy. Enough to powder the ground. We head inside where it's a little bit warmer but not much.

Ashton's POV

I pay the scraggly old guy at the pay booth for both Carmen and myself before getting our skates. We get them on and getting on the rink, challenge for her. I laughed a little before helping her up when she fell.

"It was not funny." She says.

"Kind of was." I say before taking her hand and being her handle bar. "Have you even went I've skating before?"

"Yes, multiple times. Each time I fell on my face." She laughs a bit. "So, I bet you can skate a bit then."

"I mean yeah, here just watch me." I say before taking off and skating around the rink. I try to go really fast and try to be a show off. After a few laps, I try to brake and instead I end up crashing and landing on top of Carmen. We laugh a bit before I start kissing her.

"Please leave the PDA for when there's no kids around thank you." One of the employees announces.

I get off of Carmen before standing up and helping her up. I help her skate around before we get bored a little bit. So, we sit on a bench on the edge. We take our skates off and leave. I stop by a coffee shop and get us hot cocoa. Then we head to a park and decide to just walk around a bit.

"So, how was Bremerton?" I ask.

"It was great. Everyone over there was great. I mean I had all my cousins. We had our usual routine of watching a random Christmas movie the night before. Having game night the night before the first family leaves. Have a boys versus girls competition with nerf guns. I mean there's more girls than boys but hey, it was still pretty cool." She says. "How was your family?"

"They were great. I was taking care of my little cousin Jacob. He's practically attached to my hip."

"Doesn't show me. That's how my cousin Mia was for me." She says. "So, by the sounds of it, Gia is inviting us over for tonight. You can bring Michael. Luke will be there too."

"Sure, I'll let Michael know." I say. I send him a quick text before we head back to her place.

It felt great to just have time for the two of us. Just doing pretty much nothing but taking in the time we have with each other's presence.

~~~hey everyone. It's been a while I know but here's another update. I hope you guys are enjoying this. I love you guys so much. Please remember to vote, share, and comment.