Chapter 12

Carmen's POV

It took me all day to convince Ashton to bring his family over for thanksgiving. The day of, they obviously didn't know how to act or anything. They were very bashful and stood off to the side. My mom made up a glass of wine for Anne and that calmed her down. Harry and Lauren went and played with the other kids. Ashton and I hungout with my cousins.

"So, then next thing I know we're stuck in the middle of the lake, with no paddle. So we're stuck there for like five hours. I swore, if someone wasn't there anytime soon, I would've pushed Calum right out of the canoe." my cousin Mali says. We all laugh with the glasses of cider sloshing in our hands.

"Oh my god, that's what you guys were doing? No one would tell me what happened because I was helping making dinner." I say laughing.

"Gosh, times at the cabin in Bremerton are always awesome." Calum says before sipping his cider.

"I can't believe we have three weeks until we leave for there. Dibs on the room with the flat screen." my cousin Brad says. I smack his arm in play anger.

"Oh well, I call dibs on the room with the balcony." I say.

"Kids, come get food." my mom says. As usual, my mom is on one end of the table, my grandparents on either side of her, then everyone every where else. Ashton and I sat next to each other since he's still a little apprehensive about the whole, "this is half my family, they're friendly I hope you like them," idea.

We pass all the food around and I make sure everyone has something on their plates before diving in myself. It's nice having family around and not having screaming going on. My little cousins are quiet and eating. My cousins my age are bonding over old memories. The adults talk about what it was like when they were kids. My boyfriend's family is getting to know my family. Everything is going smoothly. Yes, adults are drunk but what's the point of being sober on a holiday when you have no work.

"So, what goes on in Bremerton?" Ashton randomly asks me as I cut up my turkey.

"Well, we usually go during winter break. It's up by Seattle. We celebrate Christmas and New year's eve and it gets crazy." I say.

"You guys should come with us this year." my grandma says.

"Carol is constantly talking about having more than just family over every year." My grandpa says.

"We would love to but we have family from Sydney flying in." Anne says.

"You see, I can never get anyone to come over. Oh well, there's always next year." my grandma says.

My family gets talkative when they're drunk. It gets insane sometimes. For example when dinner started to die down.

"So, LeAnne, have you gone on any recent dates?" my Aunt Joy asks.

"No, not at all really." my mom says almost choking on her food.

"You know, Jonathan from high school is single. He has a son Carmen's age." my Uncle Robert says.

"Oh, um, yeah, I heard." my mom says.

"I remember when he had such long hair. He thought it was so, cool. All because that was the eighties." my Uncle David says.

"What are you talking about so did you." Aunt Joy says.

"Dad had long hair?" Calum asks.

"Oh, yeah. It was the style for guys back then. Ashton, don't you think you would've tried the hairstyle?" my grandma asks.

Ashton's POV

"Yeah, I mean my hair is kind of long already so, I kind of have to agree." I say messing with the hair at my neck that curled slightly.

Everyone started drinking a lot more, including my mom. So, by the time ten came around it was the teenagers' jobs to take the adults to bed. My mom was loopy but not drunk. Carmen's mom on the other hand ended up falling asleep on top of the dining room table. Carmen and I ended up carrying Lauren and Harry back over to my house.

"So, what'd you think?" Carmen asks me.

"It's interesting. I think I could live with a holiday that is pretty much an almost all you can eat buffet." I say.

"Then you should see Christmas with my family. Just as insane."

"Same with my family. All you hear is things about what Australia is like over there and how there's no such snow. It's the same thing every year."

We showed up to my house with my mom passed out on the couch. I then lead Carmen upstairs to Harry's room so she can lay him down in his bed before we take Lauren into her room. Just as she was about to leave I grab her wrists.

"I need to go home. I'm just gonna sleep on my floor or something since my cousins are piled in my room." she explains. I then lead her into my room and open my dresser toss her one of my shirts and a pair of her sweats.

"Bathroom is down the hall." I tell her pointing down the hall before pecking her cheek.

While she was out of the room I changed into just some gym shorts before setting up the Breakfast Club. She walks back in and even without her make-up, her messy hair and all, she's still beautiful.

"Are you sure it's okay for me to stay the night?" she asks wrapping her arms around my neck before leaving a kiss on my lips.

"Yes, now-" my window catches my eye. I can see someone peaking out through her bedroom window. "Who all did you say was sleeping in your room?"

"My cousins. Why?" she asks. I gesture to the window and she lets go of me before walking over to my window. She unlocks it before opening it. "You guys suck at spying on people. Go to bed!" she then closes the window and curtains as I lay down on my bed. She joins me and cuddles up real close. "What movie did you put on?"

"Breakfast club." I say.

"Yes!"

I chuckle a bit before kissing her forehead. By the middle of the movie she starts to become more sleepy. So, I turn off the movie and pull the covers over us.

"Goodnight, princess." I say before pecking her cheek.

~~~Hey everyone. I'm sorry for not updating in a while. Things have been hectic with school, my after school schedule, finally being moved into my house, and a ton of other things. Anyways, I would appreciate it if you guys were to vote, share, and maybe even drop a comment or two. Love you all!!