Chapter 17

Carmen's POV

I try to call Ash one more time and no answer. I get changed and finish the glass of wine I had already made. I finally get an answer out of him when I get a hold of him.

"Hello?" I hear him say through the phone.

"Hey, I just wanted to call and hear your voice." I say.

"I was about to call you too. We just got done doing presents."

"That's cool. So, um, how is everything over there?"

"Great. Yeah. Well, I have to get going. I love you, baby."

"Bye."

I walk back into the living room to fill up my glass of wine and stood back by the windows and just took in the view. Everything was frozen. Time. The water. My mind. Everything. It was peaceful and all I could think was how nice it would be to just live like this.

I sway back and forth to the memories of just months ago. When I barely knew Ashton or not even at all. It was an interesting time honestly. We were just neighbors and randomly, we became friends. Then we became something even more. God, I remember when I was about to go for some other guy. We drove all the way to like San Francisco or something like that and we just stayed a night there and it was homecoming night of all nights. We blasted the music. Didn't give a shit about things. And damn, it would've been better if it would've just been Ashton there with me.

"Carmen, if I told you, we were going to meet a friend of mine later what would you say?" My mom asks.

"I'd say let me sober up first." I say before she starts laughing.

"You have until five this evening. Go drink some water and eat a big meal." So, I walk into the kitchen and get myself a glass of water while making myself a sandwich.

After eating the sandwich and drinking the water I head upstairs to take a nap. This should help me sober up.

Ashton's POV

"So, who was that on the phone?" Rose asks me.

"Just, someone I'm extremely close with. She's my girlfriend." I say.

"Uh huh, and does she make you as happy as I did?"

"We were never together. We never had a thing."

"Ash, just admit it to yourself. You were in love with me. You couldn't keep your eyes off of and it sure as hell was difficult for you to keep your hands off of me."

"Come on we'll hangout next weekend. When is she coming back?"

"Next Sunday. But I-"

"But you what. See you next Friday."

I walk back into my house and just run upstairs. Into my room. God damn, she's getting into my head like she did before. She's taking over like a virus. She frustrates the hell out of me and never listens. All she thinks is this entire world evolves around her and I'm her random sex toy that she manipulates to hell. I'm not that anymore. I'm a human not a piece of shit.

I scream so loudly I start crying. The pillows muffle my screams but I know they weren't thick enough when my comes upstairs.

"Ashton, what the bloody hell is this?"

"She's back. The bitch is back. She's manipulating me again. I can't handle this mom! She's trying to take over!" I yell.

"Just stay away. No more answering the door. And if you're home alone, check who it is through the peep whole before answering."

I just sit with my mom for about an hour or so bawling my eyes out. I got to the point where my mom had me lay down and take a nap. In all honesty, I couldn't sleep. It was difficult and even frightening to even sleep. I knew wherever I went she would randomly pop up. So, of course I had to stay home or have someone be around me at all times in public. Wherever I went someone was always with me. Most of the time it was one of my cousins or Michael. My mom didn't want me home by myself a lot of the times so she had Michael come over most of the time. I actually felt secure with him around when I was home alone. He knew what happened. Between her and I and he knows how frightened I was when it happened.

Friday came quickly and it turned out Carmen was coming home early. So, I put on the shirt she me a heavy jacket for myself and her and ran straight to the car. We got to the airport and I grew anxious. I haven't seen her in a couple of weeks. The feeling of having her back in my arms just seems nice. Her plane lands and I search for her in the crowd. I grow worry when I can't find her then I finally see her. I open my arms for her as she runs into them. She tries to kiss me but then I remind her Harry and Lauren are around. So, she let's go and gives them both hugs as well. I take her suit case for her as we all start walking back out to the car. My mom has Lauren sit up front with my mom and LeAnne. I sit in between Carmen and Harry and keep hold of her hand. We get to the houses and I help her carry her bags up to her room. She pulls the bags out of my hand before closing the door then catching me off guard placed her lips on mine and I put my hands on her hips. We stay there for a while before pulling away.

"God I needed that." She says.

"Do you want me to stay the night?" I ask.

"Please. Let's go get some food first?"

"Sure. Let me ge-"

"Let's take my car. It needs some warming up anyway." I give in and we leave for McDonald's. I drive and order our usual chocolate milkshake, mcflurry, and cheeseburger with fries. Times two. I pay then we head to a grocery store. We get a whole bunch of snacks and drinks before heading to her house. I help her run everything inside before running over to my house and grabbing clothes. I start coming back downstairs and see my mom in the front door talking to Rose.

"He's not feeling good. Doctor said he has a really contagious form of flu. Poor kid." I heard my mom say.

"Oh, can I at least come upstairs and say hi?"

"No,we don't want you sick too."

"Thank you well, I'll be heading home." Rose says before leaving and my mom closes the door.

"The pool ladder is by the fence in the backyard." My mom whispers.

I head towards the backyard and set the pool ladder over the fence and climb it. I open Carmen's back door before walking in. I start heading upstairs before Anne stops me.

"Why did you go through the back door?" She asks.

"I'm gonna let Carmen know this too but, an old I guess rival is in town and she's the reason I have only dated Carmen. She was at my house just a minute ago and I had to get in through the back door. If I didn't bad things would happen." I explain.

"Well, thank you for explaining it. You can go on up. No funny business." She says before I laugh and head upstairs. I run into Carmen's room and set my coat and such on her bed. I head to the bathroom and change before heading back to her room.

~~~hey everyone. So my first high school marching band season is finally over. I'm gonna miss my seniors. But anyways I'm on the bowling team but I promise there'll be time for more chapters. I love you guys so much. Please remember to vote share and comment.