Chapter 19

Carmen's POV

*one hour before midnight*

Later that night, we went over to Gia's house. Let's just say this little get together wasn't so little. It was like showing up to a huge frat party or something close to that. My point is it's a huge party. I manage to find Gia in her backyard.

"I thought you said this was going to be a small get together. Not a huge fraternity party." I say.

"Yeah, my brother is in town. So, he might've brought his entire fraternity." Gia says.

"Gia, you don't have a brother. You only have a little sister."

"Okay, this guy I met over break is in college and oh my god he's gorgeous and you know college kids' definition of a small get together. This is a small get together." She says.

"Where is your family?" Ashton asks.

"New York for business. Won't be back till next Saturday. And then Alana is at my grandparents in Santa Barbara." Gia explains. I rest my face in my hand and then go wide eyed.

"Where's Michael?" I ask Ashton.

"Shit! He's probably trying to get with some girls." Ashton says. "Michael! If you're in this mess, don't eat a brownie! You'll be baked out of your mind!" I then start laughing. "I'm gonna head to the bathroom." I checked the time on my phone. 11:13 pm.

"So, have you guys planned your midnight kiss?" Gia asks me.

"Why would we need to plan that. I mean it seems like an automatic. Right?" I say.

"Eh, true. We should go grab some food I'm starving."

"Why not just get something out of your kitchen?"

"Too many people." I agreed and then we took my car. We then went to McDonald's and got some burgers. I grabbed a couple for Ashton just in case he wanted some. As we left, traffic, became a bitch. 11:39 pm.

We sat at the stop for about a minute before I stuck my head out the window to see what was going on. There was an accident. Just lovely. We're only two blocks away.

"So, what are you going to do if we don't make it in time?" Gia asks.

"J have no fucking clue. I'll probably just kiss him anyways." I say

Gia then grabs my phone then starts calling someone. "Ash, it's Gia. There's a small bike on the side of my house, ride it to where we're at. We're at the theater on A street and third avenue." She says.

11:55 pm. Why would it take this long? The ride really isn't that far. Gia then starts pointing out the window and cutting the corner is Ashton.

"Now it's time for me to go get my guy." Gia says getting out.

"Hey," Ash says out of breath. I laugh a bit before handing him his cheese burgers.

12:00 am. He's finally finished his burgers and wiped his face. Fireworks have started to go off and there was one job left to do.

"Welcome to 2012, beautiful." Ashton says before kissing me dead on the lips.

Ashton's POV

We decided to ditch the party and just head back to our houses. We stayed the night at my house instead. I gave Carmen one of my shirts and sweats to sleep in. She fell right aleep on top of me while I played Fallout Four. Around three in the morning I about flipped.

"Shit!" I slightly yell. Quiet enough I don't want anyone up though. I do my best to lay Carmen on my pillow. I throw my sweater on before grabbing my keys. My phone then starts ringing. It's Gia. "Yeah, I know I'm on my way to get him."

"What? No, I called to ask where you guys went. Better not be getting it on in my room because I've caught like three other couples." She says.

"No, we went back to my house." I say before hanging up. A couple minutes later I pull up to Gia's house. I run into the house and search for Michael. Where could that little bastard be? I then got into the center of the living room finding Michael duck taped to the coffee table.

"Ashton? Is that you?" He asks.

"Yeah, it's me buddy. Let's get going." I say before taking a picture then rolling off all of the duck tape. I throw Michael's tiny body over my shoulder before heading towards the front door. Gia then stops me.

"Some girl over there says she knows you and says you stood her up. Got an explanation for that?" She says.

"I'll text you about it just know, it's not some stupid shit you think it is." I say before leaving. I set Michael in the back seat.

At one of the intersections he tries to sit up. "Ashton," he says.

"Yeah, what's up?" I ask.

"I love you, bro."

"I love you too, buddy."

"And also,"

"Yeah?"

"Can you pull over please?"

I then pulled over before opening his door and letting him throw up whatever he has in his system. Fifteen and already fucked up. Poor kid. He's bad it rough his whole life.

We get back on the road before getting to my house. I pick him up out of the backseat before carrying him in and laying him down on the couch. I grab the blanket off the head of the couch and lay it on him before heading upstairs. Once I get to my room I set my keys on my nightstand and crawl into bed next to Carmen.

"That was sweet of you." She whispers before pecking my nose. I then just passed out.

The next morning, I wake up to find Lauren walking standing at the side of my bed. "Why is Michael here?" She whispers.

"We went to a party and he needed a place to stay." I explain. She then heads downstairs. Coming into my room was then Michael. He closes the door and within that time, Carmen wakes up. Michael's eyes are still a little blood shot but not as bad.

"What happened last night?" He asks rubbing his eyes and sitting in my computer chair.

"You either for stoned or drunk. We're not sure. What did you do last night?" I ask.

"I remember eating a brownie and then handed this really sweet drink and that's it."

"Well, this should show you what happened last night." I say handing him my phone with the picture of him taped to the table last night.

"Shit. It was a long ass night. Some random chick tried getting it on with me. She was fuzzy so I couldn't tell who it was but damn she had the biggest ass and the prettiest brunette hair." Michael explains.

"Was she wearing a red dress?" Carmen asks.

"Yeah, she tried taking me to the backyard or some shit."

"That would be Gia." Carmen explains.

Both Carmen and I start laughing a bit at the idea of him and Gia getting together.

~~~hey everyone. Hope you're enjoying this. Remember the story is no where near the end. Love you all. Comment vote and share.