Chapter 12 Does This Make Me A Lesbian? (Crystal POV)

Chapter 12

Does this make me a lesbian?

~Crystal

‘Can I ask you something?’ He asked, which defeated the whole purpose of his question.

‘You just did.’ I pointed out with a smile.

It was his cue to laugh but he didn’t. He smiled but his eyes did something completely different. He looked over me sadly as if I was fading away. I looked down at my hands that were warmed by the sunlight. I was still there, or at least I thought so.

‘Did you ever feel like there is a reason?’ The words came out so softly from his mouth I struggled to hear them.

‘What do you mean?’

‘I’m confident. You are too. Why didn’t we just go up and speak to each other before that night?’

I shivered as the clouds past over the sunlight like a veil and the wind blew in the cold. ‘I don’t know…’ I finally said. He stared into the sunset as the clouds vaporised. The light outlined his body like a halo.

‘It’s because we weren’t supposed to…’

‘Okay, so give me your honest opinion.’ Strings said as he put his guitar strap over his shoulder.

We all nodded and prepared ourselves for what we expected to be a depressing song about love, heartbreak and moving on. Strings had said he wrote the song for Rosetta.

Drummer flicked the switch on the amp and the microphone and we could here the quiet buzzing of the amp and Strings breathing.

He began playing a load of power chords which made the song sound upbeat. It had the familiar vibe that Sum41 and Blink182 have.

He began to sing into the microphone:

"What’s your problem, your attitude?

You miss the point; you miss your cue.

You leave me hanging with no clue.

You keep on loosening my screws!

You turn me ugly, you turn me down.

You keep on following me around!

You turn my colours, shit brown.

I’m trying to loose this bitch I found!

Let’s get this one thing straight-

I’m not your fucking bait-

Now you can’t compensate-

Your mistake!

So just fuck off!

You’ve done enough-

You’ve done too much-

So just fuck off!

I’ve had enough-

You’re way too much-

You bitch!"

I bit my lip and looked to Drummer and Red who were busy gaping at Strings. He seemed to have this anger in his voice like he had done when we were performing the mash-up.

"What’s this problem, you can’t solve?

And why’d you have to get me involved?

You never change, never evolve-