Chapter 9 Chris's Girlfriend (Red's POV)

(Writer's Note: Hiya people! :D How're you all? I hope you're all still enjoying my story and I hope you enjoy this chapter :D I'll make sure to upload the next chapter soon ;) )

Chapter 9

Chris’s Girlfriend

~Red

We signed up at the Hammer Hut just before we performed another successful gig. I couldn’t help noticing Chris hesitating before he signed his name, he seemed nervous all through the gig too- I had to cover up a few of his mistakes but I don’t think the audience noticed at all, especially since Strings took his shirt off and showed off his abs. I’m used to the clamour of drums and the heavy sound of bass but those screeching fan girls made my ears ring.

The next morning I was hesitating too, to even get up. That night was when this "Michelle" was to come along, eat pizza with us and watch us jam. I could picture her already, a ditzy smiling blonde who thinks she so perfect just because Chris was into her- and probably not even that much. Or is he?

‘Argh!’ I threw my tin of scraps from KERRANG! Magazine at the wall and listened to it crashed before cut outs of The Slash and Anthony Kiedes scattered across my floor.

‘What the hell?’ Strings said slamming my door against the wall as he came in, ‘Why’re ya throwing yer toys out the pram?’

I stayed silent, if I told him it was because we were meeting Chris’s girlfriend he would say I was jealous and gay- which I wasn’t, I was just really… really… close to Chris and looking out for him, is all.

‘Whatever, you slept in, it’s three in the afternoon and the house needs tidying, wifey!’ He slammed the door shut as he left. Ugh, I hate chores.

After hovering, cleaning, dusting, organising and gardening it was already seven and we were setting up the amps while waiting for Chris and… her.

‘Hopefully this should help him.’ Muttered Strings.

‘What will help who with what?’ Drummer asked, resting his head on the snare drum.

‘Rocking out should help Chris get laid.’ He sang. I became tense.

I coughed, ‘You know, she probably ain’t that good looking.’

‘Well then it would be serious.’

‘Whadya mean?’

‘Then it would mean love.’

I froze, ‘I doubt it- he’s probably just trying to impress us.’

‘Then he can consider me impressed, I’m glad he has got a girlfriend, it’ll be good for him.’

‘I thought you said the single life is best?’

‘For me.’

‘And me.’ Drummer chimed in. Drummer wasn’t a player like Strings, he just had incredibly bad relationships that resulted in the girls cheating on him each time and him listening to The Cure while hitting his head off the drum kit and living off Rice Krispies for a month.

‘Why have you never had a girlfriend?’ Strings asked.

Ugh…

I did have one before I moved in and she was hell. I didn’t tell the others about her because Strings would of course make the situation worse. She would cling onto me and try to snog me all the time. She wasn’t bad looking but she was a horrible kisser, she would always pin me to the floor and stick her tongue straight down my throat. She would constantly talk about everything, including her period with too much detail. Then she would drag me down the town to hang out with her girlfriends so they could talk about Hollyoaks. Being the push over I was I took it for about three months until she announced she wanted me to father her baby right then. Like the man I was at fourteen years old, I screamed at her, ran for my life, got a new mobile with a new number and got one of my schoolmates to tell her I had developed an allergy to girls and could never see her again. I hope she got the picture.