Chapter 9 Step 3: Nuclear Missile to the Heart (Rosetta POV)

Chapter 9

Step 3: Nuclear missile in the heart.

~Rosetta

‘What’s going on here?’ I turned to see Ricky. He was leaning on the side of the doorway with this strange shimmer in his eyes. Even though Chris’s hands were firm around my boobs he had this smirk on his face which threw me back completely. He’d caught his bandmate and his girlfriend- why would he find that funny?

‘What does it look like?’ I retorted pulling Chris’s head to my chest.

‘Help me!’ He yelped. The idiot. Like his bandmate would ever believe him.

‘Mind letting the kid go?’ Ricky asked lightly, that smirk still on his face.

‘No and he’s not a kid. He’s a man! Unlike you!’ I had no idea what I had said in that sentence that was funny but he burst out into laughter.

‘Rosie pie, let Chris go.’ He said a little more seriously.

‘No! Don’t you get it!? You never cared for me, but Chris did! You said you loved me but you never showed it! Chris was there for me! And I know now, the only reason I stuck with you this long is because of him! I’m in love with him!’

Finally, that seemed to cut into him. His expression turned stone cold as he looked between me and Chris. The sixteen times I’d done things like this before, the guy I was "dating" usually had tears in his eyes. But Ricky didn’t. It was like he had flames instead. I held onto Chris tighter then, terrified by Ricky’s glare.

‘Let Chris go.’ He snapped and I did so instantly, clipped my bra and gathered my top.

Chris looked into Ricky’s eyes with the same amount of terror that I had felt.

‘You.’ He whipped his glare back to me. I hurried and put my top back on, afraid what he’d do if I kept it off, ‘We’re gonna win this thing tomorrow, no matter what but afterwards I don’t want to see your ugly face again.’

Ugly!?

‘But me and Chris are forever!’ I yelled and I instantly regretted that. His footsteps echoed around the room, each step filling me with more fear until he was in front of me, towering over my ant-like existence.

‘Is this true, Chris?’ He asked but kept his eyes on me.

‘N-no, of course not…’ He said so softly but his voice held concern, genuine concern for me. It dawned on me then, they were the only ones in my life who ever really cared about me. And look at what I had gone and done. I ruined everything.

‘I never want to see you again.’ Ricky’s voice said, my Ricky’s voice and I couldn’t help but let out a cry. I never apologised in my life, never wanted to, never needed to, or at least I felt I never needed to. And now, I looked up into his eyes with tears filling mines and said, ‘I’m so sorry.’ And meant it. But there was no kindness in his eyes. I knew it was too late.

‘Come on Chris.’ He said and turned his back on me before leaving. Chris got up quickly and hurried after him but stopped in the doorway to give me one quick sympathetic glance.

After I heard the front door slam I screamed and held my knees to my chest.

My parents had named me perfectly. Just like a Rose, I was beautiful and rich. But nobody wanted to touch me and my thorns would hurt any of those who tried.

World war three by Rosetta Night

I was born in a field of poppies,

From the memory of death,

From the blood of the soldiers,

Drowning in their own breath.

For me life was the battlefield,

And the enemy was love,

The weapon was hatred,

And the strategy was lust.

I was too afraid of getting hurt,

Was too afraid of losing,

Now all my bones are broken,

And my heart is bruising!

Oh. It’s world war three in my chest,

And there are mushroom clouds in my head.

And my sanity’s been pulled apart,

Taking this nuclear missile to the heart.

You never were the fighting kind,

A man who saw things for what they were.

But I couldn’t see the love you held for me,

And I took a gun to your chest and shot the trigger!

Oh. It’s world war three in my chest,

And there are mushroom clouds in my head.

And my sanity’s been pulled apart,

Taking this nuclear missile to the heart!

And you had every right to fire your only weapon,

Words that you hated me so much.

And as it crashed into my heart and left me dying inside,

All I could think of was how I hurt you and left you crushed!

Oh. It’s world war three in my chest,

And there are mushroom clouds in my head.

And my sanity’s been pulled apart,

Taking this nuclear missile to the heart!

Heart!

(Writer's Note: I apologise for taking a depressing turn but you probably all know by now I can't keep things happy for very long lol But hopefully the start of this chapter was funny? Cha??? Anyway I purposely made the song kinda crap and self-centred cause it's Rosetta, just incase you think is seriously waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to cheesy from what I usually write, it's cause it's her. That's probably the last time I'm gonna do a Rosetta POV. Yay! No more bitchiness! :L Well not from her at least lol I am trying so hard to get this on the homepage (probably never gonna happen) so all votes, tweets, fb likes and googly publicly thingy appriciated! Thanks XD I loved your comments on the previous chapter btw! and I'm planning to enter it back into the WA but I really wanna get it on the homepage first, it's probably never gonna happen but I'll keep on trying!)