Chapter 11 The Story Behind the 101 Picks (Crystal POV)

(Warning: Contains cheese.)

Chapter 11

The Story Behind the 101 Picks

~ Crystal

‘Here are the tickets.’ Mrs. Sinclair smiled and handed us each a plane ticket to London, ‘All expenses of the hotel have been paid for and a chauffeur will pick you up from the airport.’

‘Thanks!’ Red grinned at the ticket.

Strings seemed a little dazed when he was handed the ticket.

‘Your performance at the semi final was very good, I think you have a good chance of winning, unfortunately none of us judges decide in the finals.’

‘Who does?’ Sailor asked.

‘None other than Simon Neil and the rest of Biffy Clyro.’ She beamed at us.

My heart did back flips in my chest, I was speechless, Biffy Clyro!

I think we all went into a united daze, visioning Biffy Clyro applauding our performance, Simon Neil grinning through his beard as we took a trophy or certified or golden guitar or something along those lines. I slowly came back to reality to see Mrs. Sinclair looking from Ray’s plectrum necklaces the guy’s were wearing to the ring on my finger.

‘I think Sullaby is really lovely…’ She sighed, ‘I don’t want to bore you, but do you think you can give me a little tour, Christian?’ She stared at me.

I blinked, that was a bit out of the blue, ‘Um, sure.’

As we walked down the gypsy trail I couldn’t help but freak out inside. Mrs. Sinclair was the youngest of the judges, she looked about twenty seven, thirty by the most and she was… pretty hot, I mean, if I swung that way I’d swing in her direction. She had long brunette hair and eyes that I could believe were similar to Cleo Patra’s. But what I was worrying about, is why did she ask me? Please tell me this isn’t another Vivi, Rosetta thing…

‘Raspberries grow pretty big around here in the spring.’ I smiled, trying to fill the silence.

‘Yuck.’ She giggled, ‘Hate them.’

‘Oh…’ I bit my lip. I was hoping she go on and on about how much she loved them and how they reminded her about a very, very long story. ‘So what do you like about Sullaby, Mrs. Sinclair?’

‘Call me Emma. You’re what? Ten years younger than me?’

‘Okay… Emma…’

‘It’s nice. I’ve never been here.’

‘Oh… So you just wanted to explore the landscape?’

‘No, I really don’t have any interest in nature or buildings or anything like this. I just wanted to talk to you alone.’

Aahhh! Please not again!

‘I’m sorry but I do not feel that way about you!’ I said quickly, in a panic.

We stopped and she blankly gazed at me for a moment before erupting into hysterical laughter, ‘Glad to here it, I’m married and not gay.’

‘Oh…’ I giggled awkwardly and we continued walking. Wait- Not gay!? ‘Uh…’ I stared wide eyed at her.

She smiled back with an all-knowing grin, ‘You think I wouldn’t notice?’

I had to cover up quick, ‘Uh- I’m not a-‘

I felt her hand slam against one of my breasts and goosebumps shook out of my skin, ‘I really can’t believe a guy as skinny as you would have moobs as big as that.’ I felt my lips screw up as she removed her hand, ‘You know you can get kicked out of the competition for fraud.’ I felt a sense of panic rise up in me, like her words had me by the throat, ‘But there are ways around it.’