Chapter 12 1st Round (Drummer POV)

(Writer's note: Now I know why I don't do Drummer POV's often, because it fails ¬.¬ I try to make him think differently and it makes him kind of... Dunno, less quirky and interesting than the others. Still love him though :D Btw, the song that goes with this one- I read over the lyrics and realised it kinda looked like a screamo o.0 its not- kind of imagine a similar tone to Gives You Hell by All American Rejects :D Things are starting to get serious again :S Oh well, hope you enjoy it anyhow :D)

Chapter 12

1st Round

~Drummer

I didn’t see any point in being nervous, I was the drummer. I hit things with sticks. I’m pretty good at it, if I say so myself. Strings was nervous, although he didn’t show it, the only way I could tell was because he was wearing his lucky dragon ring. He only ever wears that when he’s nervous. Red wasn’t nervous, he was too busy calming Chris down to be. I patted her on the back.

‘You’ll be fine.’

‘What if they’re better than us?’ She squeaked, as manly as she could.

‘They won’t be.’ Strings said, ‘We’re up against two bands in this round- Our Royal Pain and The Penguin Legion.’ He sniggered. I could tell what he was thinking, Our Royal Pain was a heavy metal band, so in his logic, crap and The Penguin Legion would be crap also. He really shouldn’t judged bands by their names.

‘How many people signed up to the competition?’ Chris asked.

‘…Two hundred and eighty nine, I think.’ Red answered. This didn’t help Chris’s nervousness at all.

‘It’s three bands per venue in ten venues every night until the end of June I think.’

‘And we got the first day, great.’ Chris sighed.

‘Are you ready to ra-ock!’ Sang the presenter, causing the crowd to cheer wildly. We were on a bench behind the stage at a safe distance from the other bands. It was strange, I suppose we all thought that all the bands entering would be in their teens or early twenties like us, but it seems we were the youngest out of the three. One of the bands were dressed in leather pants and new romance white shirts, there were four of them like us. Judging by their crows feet, their dated fashion sense and the mullets, I’d say they were in their early forty’s, at least. The other band seemed to be in their late twenties but wore what most sixteen year old guys in Sullaby wore nowadays; skinny jeans, open checked shirt over band shirt and converses. There were six of them and their hair ranged from Justin Bieber look a likes to large scene do’s.

‘Then welcome on to the stage, our first band…’ The presenter continued, ‘Our Royal Pain!’ Cheers erupted again and the wannabe teenagers walked onto the stage.

‘Hello…’ Said Bieber hair number one, ‘we’re playing a song we made for all the beautiful ladies out there… Kiss me or Kill me…’

Strings brows jumped sarcastically but very soon they stayed up like all of ours were. I suppose it was the hair that had convinced me they’d be more pop than rock, so who’d thought they’d have more of a grunge style about them? After a few sweetly sang verses combined with a chorus that was belted out to the audience, the song was finally finished.

Strings gulped, ‘T-they’re not bad…’ He managed as they passed us to sit back down on their bench.

‘Next we have…’ the presenter said over the audience’s claps and cheers. ‘The Penguin Legion!’ A cheer came, but not as big as the last one, with a few gasps and giggles as the men appeared on stage.