Chapter 4 Go For It! (Crystals POV)

• Dedicated to To Dean, Declan, Kieran, Morgan and Kirsty- my bandmates :3

Chapter 4

Go For It!

~Crystal

I was up most of the night imagining how the auditions would be and when I did slip into sleep it was to dream of how it would be. I pictured familiar faces from those Fridays long ago, each wielding a different shape and colour of guitar, wearing the poorly made t-shirts that were sold on the last performance with a large blue eye looking out from the torso. I would grin with joy as I met Nicky with his flopping bleach blonde hair and reminisce over the scrapes and bruises we made from the mosh pits. Each fan would walk away with a smile, even if they were rejected, because they got their dream of seeing the amazing Blue Eyed Crafters up close. I would walk in wearing my black tank top, purple ra-ra skirt and a bandanna covered in blue eyes keeping my neck warm. I would tame the noises of the strings the way Ray taught me. They would see how I strummed with care, almost flawlessly and applaud. And that would be it. I would be a member of The Blue Eyed Crafters, or whatever they decided to call themselves from then on. My dream come true.

It wasn't like that at all. First off, my dumb little brother Liam had used my Blue Eyed bandanna to sling paint-balls at the Reddies enemies- the Blueies. Later I would get revenge by mutilating his Ben Ten doll with lipstick and nail varnish. Secondly, my tank top and ra-ra skirt were in the wash, so I ended up wearing something as equally stylish; my white corset with lace at the back and my tartan skirt with fishnet suspenders and my awesome customised boots. Third, nobody there apart from me had heard of the Blue Eyed Crafters. There was some randomers who I've never seen at the warehouse before and then the few regulars I often auditioned with, though I had the misfortune of always being behind Jake. He had an emo style; pale, skinny and hiding one of his dark hazel eyes behind a long shark tooth fringe. He'd be pretty attractive if he wasn't always looking down his nose at everyone.

'It’s pretty packed.' I said smiling- it was for the warehouse anyway. Usually only ten or twelve showed up for an audition, this time there were thirty of us. Maybe they had heard of The Blue Eyed Crafters after all.

He reared his head, looking at me through half-shut eyes.

'I can't wait I'm so excited- do you think either of us will get the spot?'

'I will.' He said without even a small hint of irony in his voice.

'...Right.' I turned away as his glare cut sharply into me. Michelle once told me certain cliques had certain abilities- was it true emo's could see into your very soul? I stiffened, unsure what to do if she was right.

'Next!' I heard Eric Kasey's smooth toned voice call from the audition room. Jake went in.

I began thinking. What cliques did I belong to? Was I punk? Was I a mosher? I suppose I always classed myself as... well me, really. Then I heard the shrill flat notes of Jake's attempt to cover What I've Done by Linkin Park. I could hear his finger slip down a threat and play a non-existent chronic chord. I cringed, and so did the rest of the queue. I switched off my ears and began to mouth the words to Go For It by The Blue Eyed Crafters to ease my nerves. ' "Gotta do whatchya gotta do, you got nothing to loose, just go for it"...'

Jake left with his dark eyes to the floor and his frown extended from when I saw him last. 'Next!' Eric said. Omigod! It's me, it's me!

My knees knocked together before I finally decided to move, carrying Epiphony with me (my Epiphone Explorer). I stepped into the room and there before me were three members of The Blue Eyed Crafters. Eric sat in the centre staring down at a notepad with the list of names of the people he approved of. His dark blonde hair had grown from the last time I saw him. Each layer of his hair had spikes that were combed loosely back and a small side fringe made blue eyes look even brighter. On his right was Scott Mitchell who was eyeing me up and down through his fringe. His bleach blonde hair lay flat on his head but tidal-waved into curls at the ends to give him a surfer look. He tapped his foot to a beat I could recognise, Enjoy the Silence covered by Lacuna Coil. He must've done it out of habit. On Eric's left was Robin Guise. He was slouched back in his chair with his arms crossed and his glare to the floor. He used to have mop hair like Nicky's but now it was short with the points of his full fringe catching his eye lashes.