Cuddles Day

I woke up with Brayden's arms around me. I was facing his chest. I looked up at his face to see he was peacefully sleeping. I traced the scar on his chest and thought about everything that had happened last night. Normally I would've thought it was too soon, but it felt right with Brayden.

He started to move around a bit before opening his eyes. He smiled at me sleepily before pulling me closer. As much as I liked basically being his teddy bear I desperately needed a shower. I started to move away from him but he held me to his chest and kissed the top of my head.

"Just a little longer," he whispered. "Please."

We stayed there for a few more minutes before he sighed.

"I guess we should get up," he said. He stood up and pulled on a pair of boxers. He turned and looked at me. Waiting for me to get up. I had my blanket to my chest and felt awkward being naked alone in my room, let alone with him here. Even if it was almost completely dark from the power being out. He smirked like he knew what I was thinking.

"You realize I saw everything last night, right? Why hide it now?" He said still smirking. I glared. He finally shrugged and turned around to face away from me. I got up and tried to ignore how sore I was. I made my way over to my dresser and put on my underwear and bra. My clothes were in the closet... in front of Brayden. He probably did that on purpose.
I held my breath and tried to gather my courage as I walked in front of him to my closet.

         I pulled out a black sweater and a pair of blue jeans. I felt Brayden's arms wrap around me from behind. He kissed my neck and I laughed, pushing him away. He moved back and kissed my neck again before biting it. I glared at him and pulled on my sweater and jeans before stepping into the hall and walking to the bathroom. I took a shower quickly even though I didn't want to leave the water. I just hated showering in the dark. It was weird. A bath would've been nice but I decided to shower instead because the power was out so there was no warm water.

I got dressed and went back to my room. Brayden wasn't there. He must've gone to take a shower. I laid down on my bed and noticed the sheets and blanket weren't the ones from earlier. He changed them. I smiled and cuddled into the blankets.

...

Brayden was tracing his fingertips across my jawbone when I woke up. I looked up at him. His hair was still wet from the shower and I could smell his soap. I cuddled closer to him and he laughed. He ran his fingers up and down my back and I closed my eyes.

"Are we going to get up today?" He asked kissing the top of my head.

"Nope," I said holding his hand. I didn't want him to go anywhere. I wanted him to stay here. Happy and close.

"Is today a lazy day?"

"Nope. Just a cuddle day. Hope you don't want to get up today." I said laughing. He laughed.

"I like that idea but what about Asher and Dawn?" I shrugged.

"They'll get over it," I said.

"What about food?"

"Oh, food? I like food." I said. I did like food, but cuddles were perfect. "There's a blizzard outside. No where to go. Nothing better to do. Perfect cuddle day."

"Good point, but let's move to the couch. I don't want to sleep all day. If we stay here, I will," he said. I sighed.

"Okay," I said. He started to get up and I stood on my knees on the bed and wrapped my arms around his waist from behind. I leaned against his back and he laughed.

"What are you doing?" He looked at me under his arm and smiled.

"I don't know. You were too far away," I said hiding behind him. What am I doing?

"Oh? Was I?" He laughed. He moved my arms enough to turn and face me. "Well, you fixed that quickly."

He knew he was embarrassing me. I looked away from him before moving back and sitting on the bed. What's wrong with me? I don't act this way. I'm never this.... cuddley.

"Sorry," I said playing with the bottom of my tank top. He laughed and sat on his knees in front of me.

"I was just kidding," he said smiling at me. "I think it's cute."

I smiled at him, still feeling embarrassed. He smirked. I knew that smirk. He had an evil plan. He got close to me and whispered in my ear, "funny how last night you were so different. Now you're being shy? Maybe we should do something to bring back last night's bravery."

I felt my face pale. He bit the bottom of my ear and laughed.

"I was kidding," he said still laughing. I threw a pillow at him and he acted hurt before glaring at me and slowly moving closer.

"What are you-" I started to ask as he picked me up and put me on his back. I hid my face in his shoulder as I wrapped my arms and legs around him. He held my legs and laughed.

"So where to madam?" He asked laughing.

"The ground," I grumbled.

"How about the couch?"

"You don't seriously plan on walking down the stairs like this do you?" I asked lifting my head. He smirked. He started jogging toward the stairs and I nearly squealed.

He carried me down to the couch and dropped me onto it. He sat beside me and turned on the TV.

"Now we can cuddle." He said. I wasn't sure if it should bother me he wanted the TV that much. I decided no. We layed down on the couch and he picked some western movie. I fell asleep before learning what it was about.