Brayden the hero

Brayden's POV

I shouted at one of the men drinking in the dining room. They all just said the word "upstairs." Asher started toward the stairs and I ran upstairs. Todd was holding her arm.

"Daisy!" I shouted. She looked up at me. Her hair was shorter and brown. She was wearing a short dress that was falling off of her shoulders and tears stained her cheeks.

"Brayden! Asher!" She sounded happy. She tried to run towards us but he was still holding her. He held some small remote. He pressed the button with a smile and Daisy started to shout and held her neck. There was a silver collar. A shock collar?

I started to walk towards Todd but he pressed the button again and I froze. She shouted again.

"Stop!" She shouted. I looked around for something I could use but there were only a few pictures on the wall and a lamp on a nightstand. I could throw things at him and hope he drops either her or the remote.

"Todd." I heard Asher say quietly. "Just let Daisy go."

"Why would I let my best and only maid leave?" He said smirking. I picked up one of the picture frames. It was a picture of his wife and him in a wooden frame. He looked at me. "Put that down."

"Let Daisy go," I said. He glared at me. I dropped the picture and watched the frame break. He looked at it, he looked hurt then angry. He pressed the button again. I picked up the frame and threw it at him. It hit him in the chest. He quickly bent down to pick up the photo and I grabbed the picture of his daughter. I threw it and hit his shoulder. This felt stupid. Like a bad target practice. I grabbed the lamp and threw it. I hit him and he dropped her and the remote grabbing his head. She quickly grabbed the remote and rushed towards us. As soon as she was within reach I grabbed her and wrapped my arms around her. It felt so good to have her safe in my arms. She started crying against my shoulder. I lifted her face to look at me.

"I.... he..... I'm too late aren't I?" I couldn't figure out how else to ask if he had gone all the way. She shook her head. I couldn't believe he hadn't done it. Maybe he tried and she successfully got away. "Did he try?"

"Not him." She cried grabbed my shirt and hiding her face. I looked up at him and he was holding the back of his head. He was bleeding.

"Did someone try?" I asked her quietly. She nodded. "Who?"

"His friend. But he stopped him." She cried. I looked at Todd. I picked her up being careful her dress didn't show anything. I carried her downstairs and she just kept her arms around me and her face on my shoulder. I took her out to her truck. Before I closed the door she grabbed my arm.

"He has the key." She said pointing to the collar.

"I'll go get it then." I said closing her door.

"Be careful," she shouted. I walked up the stairs and Todd was unconscious on the ground. Asher smiled and held out a set of keys.

"Nice," I said taking the keys. We walked downstairs and I opened the truck door. At first I didn't see her, then I noticed her in the back behind the seats. "Come on, you don't have to hide."

I helped her back to the front and tried to unlock her collar. I could tell it wasn't the normal shock collar for dogs. He had added on to it. It came unlocked with the third key I tried. She shouted as I took it off her neck.

"Oh my god." I heard Asher as we looked at her neck. It was red and bruised.

"I want to go home." She said quietly, hiding her neck with her now brown hair.

"Then let's go," I said closing her door. I got into the drivers seat and waited for Asher. We drove back to Asher's and she sat in the back quietly crying. As soon as we were back we walked to her room. She laid on her bed and Asher and I were leaving when she said something.

"Brayden, will you stay?" She asked. I nodded and sat on the side of her bed. She sighed and pulled me back to lay beside her. She laid her head on my chest and I covered her up before putting my arms around her. Todd hadn't touched her at all when he had her. At least that's what she said. Someone else had. What if I was too late to stop him?

"Daisy?" I said quietly. She looked up. "I know you said someone had tried. Did he succeed?"

She just started crying and looked down. I was too late. She looked back up after a moment.

"No but he got farther than anyone else." She said. She stood up. "I need a shower."

"Okay." I said as she gathered her clothes. "Daisy?"

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry I didn't get there sooner." I said. I felt like going and destroying my room again. If I had gotten there in time no one would have tried anything. She sat on the bed in front of me. When I looked up at her she kissed me. She gave me a small smile before she got up and went to take a shower. I didn't understand how she could still smile like that after all of this. I laid back in her bed and just looked at her walls. She had pictures and posters tacked up everywhere. My favorite was the one Asher said he had taken of her by the creek. She was sitting on a rock looking at the water and the setting sun made everything around her shine. While she was gone that was the picture I kept coming back to. I was so happy she was back. I almost couldn't believe how easy it was to get her home. Now she was safe and all mine and I had to keep it that way.

In the picture is Andy and onision. Look up onision on YouTube. He's great.