Ch 13 Duel Monster Spirit Day

The weeks went by and Professor Banner had disappeared and nobody had seen him since the day Titan was defeated. Syrus was in his room thinking about how to make the  end of the year fun, great time for the school. Then it came to him, a costume duel on the Duel Monster Spirit Day. All he needed was two duelist willing to duel. Then he thought maybe Jaden could be in the duel but he needed someone that would be a good opponent. He slept on the thought and planned on making this year's Duel Monster Spirit Day one to go down in history.

Several days went by and Syrus had talked to Jaden and he had agreed to be in the duel and his costume would be Elemental Hero Flame Wingman. Jaden then talked to Alexis about the duel and she said she would love to duel against him, but she didn't think that would wow the crowd that would be watching. Jaden completely agreed with her and said that even though she would not be dueling, she should dress as Cyber Blader.

The day of Duel Monster Spirit Day a poster of the Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl was placed in the front of the school. It was made by Chumley and it looked really good. A duel field had been made near the Slifer dorm and a lot of people made their way toward the field, passing the dorm and they saw the poster. A lot of the guys got fired up because they were hoping that someone was going to dress up as the Dark Magician Girl. Many people had been pressuring Alexis to be the Dark Magician Girl and Jaden had to step in and tell them to leave her alone because she had already had a costume ready. Jaden and Alexis got dressed in their costumes and they both looked great.

Jaden stepped into the arena and said, "so, who wants to duel the king of the Slifer Red Dorm." Nobody stepped up because they all knew that they would get beaten. Chazz was dressed as  XYZ-Dragon Cannon and was contemplating dueling Jaden, to impress Alexis, but decided to not duel because he felt that he couldn't beat him. Chumley was in his Des Koala costume and decided to pass dueling Jaden because he knew his skills were no match for his. Zane was wearing a Cyber Dragon costume which looked really cool in the minds of most people. But Zane didn't want to duel today because he had a match coming up and he didn't want to give any opponent an edge.

Then out of nowhere a girl appeared and she was dressed in the Dark Magician Girl costume. The girl said "may I duel you?" Syrus was in love the moment he set his eyes on her and he said "of course." Both Jaden and the Dark Magician Girl started their duel disks. Dark Magician Girl said "I will go first, my draw, I play the spell double summon which means I can summon two monsters this turn and I summon two Magician's Valkyrie in attack mode (1600att) and throw down a face down and end my turn." Jaden said "my draw, I summon Elemental Hero Clayman in defense mode (2000def) and play polymerization to summon Elemental Hero Flame Wingman. But due to you having two Magician's Valkyries I can't attack, so I will throw down a face down and end my turn."

Dark Magician Girl said "my draw, I summon Banisher of Light in defense mode (2000def) and I play the spell card Graceful Charity. Because I played Graceful Charity I draw three cards and I discard two. Due  to the effect of Banisher of Light, I remove the cards from play. Now I play my face down Return From the Different Dimension, then I give up half my life points to summon all the monsters that I removed from play. Now, I summon Dark Magician Girl (2000att) and the Dark Magician (2500att) in attack mode. Now Dark Magician attack Flame Wingman." Jaden said "I reveal my trap card, Mirror Force, now all of your monsters in attack mode, are destroyed." So all but Banisher of Light was destroyed and removed from the game. Dark Magician Girl ended her turn. Jaden said "my draw, I summon Elemental Hero Sparkman in attack mode (1600att). Now Flame Wingman attack the Banisher of Light." Dark Magician Girl watched in horror to see her monster being destroyed and losing 100 life points. Jaden said "Elemental Hero Sparkman attack the Dark Magician Girl directly." Jaden looked at the Dark Magician Girl with fire in his eyes. He wanted to win.

Jaden ended his turn and the Dark Magician Girl said "my turn, I draw, I play one monster face down in defense mode and one face down and end my turn." Jaden smiled and said "my turn, I draw, I attack your face down with Flame Wingman." Dark Magician Girl said "not so fast, I play my face down Negate Attack which stops your attack." Jaden looked disappointed and ended his turn. Dark Magician Girl said "my turn, I draw, I sacrifice my monster to summon Dark Magician Girl in attack mode (2000att). Now I play the spell card Magic Formula which allows my Dark Magician Girl to gain 700 attack points. Now Dark Magician Girl attack his Sparkman." Jaden lost 1100 life points but knew that he could still win. Jaden said "my turn, my draw," Jaden thought I need something to help me win. Jaden said " I play Pot of Greed. Now I can draw two cards." Jaden hoped for the best or he was finished. He drew his two cards and he drew the card he needed. Jaden said "I play the field spell Skyscraper. Now my Elemental Hero gains 1000 attack points when it does battle with any monster that has higher attack points."

Dark Magician Girl watched in horror to see herself destroyed and due to Flame Wingman's special ability lose 3100 life points. So the duel was over and Jaden made his way to the Dark Magician Girl and said "that was a great duel, you almost had me."Jaden then said in a whisper," I have been meaning to ask you something. Are you the duel spirit of the real Dark Magician Girl?" Dark Magician Girl was surprised at the question but said "yes I am." Then out of nowhere the duel spirit of Winged Kuriboh appeared and started to make it's sound. Jaden was surprised that Winged Kuriboh had appeared, but he had seen a lot of crazy things lately, so this was now a recurring trend for him.

Jaden then walked over to Alexis and kissed her and Atticus snapped a picture of it. Atticus said "wait till I show this to Mom, Dad, Uncle Evan, and Aunt Paige. This will be perfect to put in your photo album. Both Alexis and Jaden thought about it and thought it would be a good idea to have something like that at the wedding. Jaden said "Alexis, that sounds like a good idea to have a photo album at the wedding to see how much we are in love with each other." Alexis said "I like that idea and I will tell my parents about it, so don't worry. I think that after all of the shadow riders are defeated,we will have photos but we need to find someone to take them." Atticus said "HELLO, you could have me do that. I want to take the photos as a gift for saving me. I would like to give this to you both as a wedding gift. So, what do you say?" Jaden said "I have no problem with that. Now we don't need to hire someone to do this for us." Alexis said "I like the idea of Atticus helping in some way." Alexis and Jaden kissed again and then they walked to their dorms to sleep after a long day and Winged Kuriboh thought that soon the beasts would be awoken.