Death's Toll

Death's Toll

I normally don't believe in the paranormal or anything that is supernatural. My name is Owen... I

was born on January 12th, 1994. I grew up in a town far away from civilization. About 5 miles I think. It was me, my mother, and my father in one big house in the forest. It was pretty bright in the day but due to the low population, the only thing that lit up the outside were my house lights and the illumination of the moon. I am currently 19, and when I was about 5 years old, I was walking around the forest that surrounded my house. And I came across a graveyard that I have never noticed before. There were 3 small little plaques/tombstones. They had my mother's name, Jean, and June 7, 2005 as the death date. Then, Paul, my father's name, and the death date was July 16, 2007. And... Then me, it had my name on the tombstone and it said death date: March 4, 2013.

Of course, I, not being that much of a caring person, just shook off the tombstones and continue

d walking. Somehow, those tombstones cursed my family...

When I was about 10, my mother had been told that she had a rare cancer that had already kicked in and was going to affect her life drastically. Around May of 2005, she was bed ridden and lost the mobility in her legs. Seeing her the way she did scared me... But I knew, eventually, I was going to lose her. She died a couple of weeks later... And at her funeral, I saw a man. A man who looked familiar, but I couldn't think why. He never said anything except "I'm sorry", in a low, deep voice.

I was depressed without my mother, she was basically my life and without her, I didn't want to live. I tried to kill myself multiple times but each time I failed.

Then, my father, who worked as an electrician, was shocked to death while working on a project in July. I was about 12, and in middle school. The school's nurse, principle and resource officer were in the Principles' office when they called me down and told me that he had died... And that's when I lost it. I had gotten up and started banging my head against the wall, trying to kill myself. The officer had restrained me and told me to stop as I screamed, "LET ME DIE! LET ME DIE!"

I was then admitted into the local hospital. They gave me multiple psychiatric tests to see if I still

had parts of my sanity... Then, I saw him. The man from my mother's funeral. He was at my father's as well. He did the same thing as he did 2 years ago. After I was medically cleared, I was given to my grandparents, who never liked me. But, now, they told me that they apologize for the image that they have portrayed to me. They told me something that would haunt me forever...

When my mother was born, my grandparents were Satanists, which meant that they worshipped the Devil. And they changed faith when my mother was born to project a better image for their daughter. The leader told them that a curse named "Deaths' Toll" would kill every family member after them, blood related or not. They told me that the curse cannot be undone and that signs of the curse will appear to the next in line... I asked of the man who I have seen at the funerals of my parents... They said its Death requesting you into hell. They have since passed and I have seen the same man at both funerals... I have talked to that man.

Me: Why are you here?

Death: Its destiny...

Me: But take the people I care of most.... Why?

Death: "Death is swallowed up in victory." "O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.

He left and I have yet to see this man since the funeral. He told me that the sting or sorrow of death is sin, and we all are swallowed by the sting... People who try to fight the sin will never win... They will only be swallowed by its sting. After this, I will be gone. I am going to kill myself, the sting is starting to burn in my blood and I can never get it out no matter how many cuts I make on my wrists.