Tears

I leaned back against the car waiting, putting my phone in my back pocket I looked up as I heard the ringing of a bell. Jack came walking out with a smile on his face I smiled and pushed off of the car.

"Can we please go home now, I mean that is if your done flirting with the waitress."

"Oh shut up." He said as he opened the drivers side door getting into the small black Subaru, I sighed and pulled open the other door getting in next to him. He started the car and backed out of the parking lot I heard the song "like I'm going to lose you" by Megan Trainor come on so I reached over and turned it up. "Seriously?" Jack said looking over at me.

"Yeah, come on sing with me" I said as I started to sing to the chorus, a few seconds later Jack started to sing with me and I smiled looking over at him, as he was paying attention to the road ahead but then feeling my gaze he smiled and looked over at me. I didn't say anything as I just started laughing.

Everything seemed to slow down as the smile left my face, looking behind Jack I saw a truck coming right at us, as my eyes widened I yelled at Jack.

"Look out!" His smiled immediately disappeared turning to see the truck coming right at us he turned back to me and his hand shot out in front of me just as the truck hit the side of the car sending us to flip over and tumbling off of the side of the road. We flipped at least three times before we stopped hitting a tree, we were upside down as I looked around grabbing my head just as a sheering pain shot through my stomach. Looking around my vision was blurred seeing as there were tears in my eyes trying to escape they won in the end as I looked over at Jack to see him unconscious. I cried out in pain as I took my hand away from my head and brought it down on Jacks shoulder.

"Jack, Jack wake up!" I yelled just as I saw a figure leaning down to look inside the car but I didn't pay them any attention as I cried, trying to wake Jack up. I don't know how much time passed before the Ambulance got there all I know is that I got lifted out of the car and dragged away from Jack.

As I laid on the ground after begging the paramedics to let me be with Jack they caved. So now I was on the ground holding Jacks hand as they tried to revive him they were getting ready to pronounce him dead when I begged them to keep trying at least one more time but after another minute of not responding they packed up their bag. Even though I was in pain I scrambled up onto my feet balling my eyes out I started giving him cpr myself telling him that he needed to wake up. As I was in hysterics they tried pulling me off of him but before they could I slammed on his chest one last time.

The next thing I know is Jack sat up abruptly trying to breath the paramedics set me down and ran over to him making sure that he was okay as I sat there and cried out in relief. Jack looked over at me, I crawled over to him not caring how much it hurt to move as I collapsed into Jacks arms he wrapped them around me and was whispering to me that everything would be okay and that he wasn't going anywhere, I fell asleep in his arms his warm alive arms.

~*

Gasping I sat up looking around me frantically, I was sitting in a pool of sweat as I shoved the covers off of me. "Jack" I said whispering. "Jack!" I said yelling it this time. That's when the door burst open and Tanner came running into the room over to me, then everything came rushing back to me, realizing that my brother was still dead my vision became blurred as Tanner wrapped me in his arms. I started crying without even realizing it, I could vaguely here Tanner as he was rubbing my back and whispering to me. I pulled back and looked into his face as he wiped the tears away.

"Bad dream?" He asked as I nodded my head looking down I closed my eyes, looking back up I said to him.

"It was the night Jack and I got into a car accident. We were on our way home from Rosie's when we got hit by a truck, he almost died that night but I saved him. I couldn't- wasn't going to let him go." I relaxed into his arms as he rubbed little circles into my back pulling back abruptly I asked him, "how long was I out?"