Moving Forward

After I got to the bottom floor I went up to the front desk. "Can I help you?" A nice lady asked me. She looked to be in her late forties, her hair was just starting to grey.

"Uh yeah I was just wanting to check out tomorrow morning."

"Okay, and a name please."

"Harrington, Tanner Harrington."

"Okay, room 318?"

"Yea."

"Okay, you're all ready to leave at 12:30."

"Thank you," I said as she smiled.

"Your welcome."

With that I turned around and headed to the elevator, I stopped in front of it as it opened to reveal Elijah, and Kol.

"Hey Sarah!"

"Oh, my God," I exclaimed as Kol ran up to me and hugged me, I smiled down at him and hugged him back. "Hey kiddo, what's up?"

"Nothing," he said. Pulling back I bent down and crouched in front of him.

"Nothing huh." He nodded his head, and I looked up at Elijah who smiled at me briefly before looking behind me.

"Mom," he said making me confused as I stood up and turned around.

Elijah was talking to the lady at the desk, the one who checked me out. His mom, I was guessing from when he said mom. I looked back down at Kol who was watching the two at the desk.

"That's you're mom?" I asked him.

"Yea shes the best," he exclaimed running over to them, his mom bent over and he jumped into her arms. I smiled and turned around walking back over to the elevator the door dinged and opened.

When I got back up to the room I found Tanner packing up our bags.

"We're scheduled to leave tomorrow morning." He jumped and looked at me.

"Good, I got us all packed." I nodded and walked over to the bed, sitting down I looked to the floor.

"What's wrong?" I didn't look at him as I felt the bed dip beside me.

Shaking my head I said, "I ran into Kol and Elijah downstairs."

"And...

"And they were with their mom. She works here." I glanced a look at him, he was looking at the floor when his eyes flickered to me. "Just seeing Kol run into her arms made me remember when I was little, when I was with my mom."

He wrapped his arm around me and I leaned into him laying my head onto his shoulder. We sat like that for a while, but when Tanner pulled away I sat back and looked at him.

"Come on," he said pulling me up and rushing us out the door.

"Where are we going?" I asked as we stepped into the elevator, he pushed the button taking us down to the garage.

Stepping back to stand next to me he watched the little plate above the doors as he answered my question. " My grandfather used to take me to this look-out when I was little. Its hidden, out of the way. I want to show you."

~*~

We passed the last building in town and started passing trees. The blackness of the night engulfed the passing trees, swallowing them whole.

"So where exactly are you taking me?" I asked turning to Tanner.

"We're just passing Old Miller road now, it shouldn't be long now," he said watching me.