Epilogue

Three years later

Tanner, let's go we're going to be late." I was waiting in the hall for Tanner as he took his sweet time getting ready for our dinner tonight. Tonight is my 21st birthday, yeah exciting right? Now I'm legally old enough to drink alcohol in the U.S.

I pushed off the wall as Tanner opened his dorm room door and stepped out. He was dressed in a nice black shirt and jeans, I smiled and walked up to him to give him a kiss. I went to pull back when he refused to let me go. I laughed pulling back so I could see his face.

"We don't have time for this, Tanner."

"We have plenty of time," he said closing his door.

We started down the hall and over to the elevator. Getting out to the parking lot I looked over at Tanner as he started towards his car.

"Can we...take the Jeep tonight?" He stopped and looked back at me.

"Yeah." He seemed a little reluctant as he went towards the drivers door. I was inside the Jeep when Tanner shut his door and just stared at the steering wheel.

"You okay?" I asked.

Tanner had his hands on the wheel as he looked up at me, "yeah," he said nodding his head.

I furrowed my brows but dropped the subject as he started up the Jeep. I just sighed sitting back not even bothering to ask where we were going because I knew that he wouldn't tell me.

Five minutes passed and the silence was getting thicker, not that it felt like an awkward silence but that the tension was so big that I felt like I was going to explode.

"Are we there yet?" I asked looking over at him.

Tanner looked at me, then back to the road." No, we have another ten minutes. Why?"

"No reason."

"Sarah come on, I know you. There's always a reason." I smiled out the window as I played with my ear.

"I'm just worried about Angela. You know? She's still heart broken about Spencer."

"Why are you trying to change the subject?" He asked as he kept looking back and forth between me and the road.

"I'm not."

"Why won't you look at me?"

"Stop it, that doesn't mean anything."

"It does mean something if you won't even look at me."

"Tanner, just drop it!" I exclaimed as I looked at him.

I sighed and closed my eyes turning my head down in my hand. I felt the Jeep roll to a stop as the first tear escaped. A pair of arms enveloped me as I started crying even more, Tanner pulled back and pried my hands from my face. I didn't look at him as my eyes clouded over to where I couldn't see.

"Hey, look at me." Tanner wiped the tears with his hands as I reluctantly turned my head up so I could see him."Is this about Jack?" At his name another sob escaped my throat and the tears came back. "Sarah it's going to be okay," Tanner said as he pulled me into his arms and rocked me back and forth.

Soon enough my breath steadied and the tears stopped, the sniffles slowed but I was still on the verge of crying all over again. Before I could though I pulled out of Tanner's embrace and wiped at my face.