First Day

I was freaking out this morning, I didn't know what to wear, I can't find my phone, and I'm going to be late for the first day of school.

I sighed as I ran my hand through my hair, I heard a ringing and I immediately looked up. I turned toward my bed and ran towards it throwing the sheets on the floor. I finally found my phone under my mattress, how it got there I have no idea.

I answered without looking at the screen, and I grabbed my bag deciding that the clothes I had on were fine. Trotting down the stairs I went to the kitchen, grabbing a piece of toast I kissed aunt Jackie before heading out the door.

"Hello?" I said walking over to the Jeep.

"Where are you?" I smiled starting up the Jeep.

"I'm on my way."

"Now!"

"Yes, now."

"We're going to be late!" I laughed as Tanner started to panic.

"Calm down, okay I'm on my way." I pulled down the street and Tanner was still a little frantic as I pulled in the driveway. So frantic that I wasn't aloud to even go inside and say good morning to his mother.

He pressed me to speed up when I was already going five over the speed limit.

"Tanner you need to calm down, okay we have twenty minutes until class starts, and we're right in front of the school."

"Yeah and your going 20!" He exclaimed.

I looked over at him, "because we're in a school zone and the speed limit is 20!" I parked next to Spencer and put the Jeep in park. "You need to take a chill pill," I said taking my seat belt off and opening my door.

Tanner hopped out of the other side meeting me in the front, "I wouldn't need to if you would just drive faster."

"I am not driving over the speed limit in a school zone!" I violently whispered to him.

"Aw, you guys are fighting already. I actually liked this one Tanner, she has fire." I turned my glare on to Spencer and his smile immediately dropped. Scratching the back of his head he started to back up. "You know what? I just realized that I have to meet Angela in the cafeteria, so I'm going to go." With that he turned and started sprinting down the hall.

"Who's Angela?" I asked turning to Tanner.

We stopped at a locker which I'm guessing was his since the number was different than mine, "Angela is the only thing keeping that boy in line most of the time." He looked at my confused expression and rolled his eyes, "she's his girlfriend. They've been dating since like the first grade."

"How does she even put up with that?"

Tanner just sighed and shook his head, closing his locker he turned to me. "I don't know. It's stressful enough just being his best friend." I smiled as he intertwined our hands.

"Yeah, well I couldn't even imagine you being like that." I cringed at the thought as tanner laughed and pulled me in for a hug.

"Well it looks like you got lucky."

Sighing k pulled back and looked at my class schedule, "do you know where locker 411 is?"

"Yeah it's not far from mine come on, I'll show you." He pulled my hand and we walked down the hall, I started to notice all the whispers and looks that Tanner and I were getting. Before I could say anything though the bell rang over head.

Kids started clearing the halls and heading off to their first class as Tanner ignored it and kept going to my locker.

"You're going to be late for class," I said as we stopped at my locker and I brushed my hair back.