Meeting The Family

We turned on to a small driveway in a suburban neighborhood. As Tanner shut the Jeep off he sighed and looked over at me, "you ready?"

Shaking my head, "no," I admitted.

He gave me a small smile and grabbed my hand, "it's going to be fine, okay she'll love you." I smiled at him and nodded my head as I looked out the window. "Sarah?"

"Hmm," I asked turning my head back to him, but before I could ask further he pulled me forward and kissed me. At first I was surprised but then when I felt the sparks, and the passion in the kiss, I relaxed into it, kissing him back.

Once we pulled back I took in a deep breath, and smiled up at him, "what was that for?" I asked.

"It's just something I wanted to do for a while." At that he turned and opened his door.

Tanner walked around and opened my door, for me. Grabbing a hold of me I giggled as he helped me out of the Jeep. I laughed as he grab my hand and we walked to the back of the Jeep and opened the door.

Pulling our bags out Tanner slipped his hand out of mine, and I closed the door. Following him up the steps we stopped as he looked back to me, "ready?"

"I'm ready," I said as he smiled, and switched my bag and put it in his other hand. He grabbed the door knob and turned it pushing the door open.

"Mom, I'm home!" Tanner shouted as he closed the door behind me. As he turned back around he put an arm around my waist, as he dropped the bags in the hall.

I looked around and saw that from the entrance to my left was a family room, and to my right seem to be a dining room. Straight ahead was a hall that seemed to lead to the kitchen, and right off the side to the right of the hall was a staircase.

Tanner led us through the hall and into the kitchen, "mom?" He asked. When walking into the kitchen we both stopped to see a petite figure scurrying around, looking for things. "Mom?" She stopped and turned to us.

"Tanner!?" She said, and rushed around the counter pulling him in for a hug.

She was about and inch or two shorter than I, and she had her brown hair freshly cut to the shoulder. I noticed a few gray strands at the roots, but other than that she looked just like Tanner. With her carmel eyes, and a great smile. I could see the wrinkles crease as she smiled, when she pulled back from their hug.

Tanner smiled down at her as they both turned to me. I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, as I fiddled with my hands, hiding a small smile.

"Mom, this is Sarah. Sarah this is my mom," Tanner said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me into him.

"Hi," I whispered as I smiled at her.

She smiled at me as she pulled me out of Tanner's embrace and hugged me. Pulling back she said, "please, call me Linda." I smiled as I stepped back towards Tanner.

He grabbed me and pulled me towards him as he whispered sweet words into my ear, "you two are so cute," Linda said as I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Okay, well I'm going to show her to her room," Tanner said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me down the hall. Grabbing our bags he jogged up the stairs, as I jogged up behind him.

I followed him down the hall and noticed some pictures of Tanner on the wall when he was younger. He was so cute, and happy in every single one of them.

Tanner stopped in front of a door at the end of the hall, and looked back at me. I smiled as he opened it, walking inside.

Walking into the room I first noticed the window seat in front of me. Off to the left was a bed with another window to the left of it. I walked over to the window seat as I heard a sigh coming from behind me.