Eighteen

Jack Gilinsky

"Do you miss mommy too?" I asked Alex, who was just kicking his legs and swaying his hands in the air like any baby does. I smiled down at my son, realising that I actually did have a child and that this was real life, he's my responsibility. I picked Alex up, placing him neatly in my arms as I sat down on the sofa and turned on the TV, when all of a sudden my phone started ringing. I secretly hoped it would Casey telling me she's almost home, but unfortunately, I didn't recognise the number. Clearing my throat, I picked up and brought the phone to my ear, Alex still kicking his legs in my arms, "Hello?" I spoke up, my eyes glued on the hyperactive baby in my lap.

"Speak." I heard someone mumble in the background, it sounded almost threatening. I was starting to wonder that maybe Sam and Johnson were trying to prank call me, but I was soon proven wrong when a familiar voice cried out my name, "J- Jack?" I heard Casey's fragile voice, sounding like she had been crying for a while now. My heart stopped beating for a moment, my hands starting to shake, "Casey, what's wrong? Where are you? Do I need to pick you up?" I asked a bunch of questions all at once. The same person from before mumbled something as I heard Casey sniffing, blocking out whatever the person was saying.

"Jack, I don't have long, but please, whatever you took from them, give it back." Casey begged, a thousand questions running through my head, "Casey, you're scaring me, what are you talking about? Why are you crying, Casey?" My voice started rising, a little spark inside of me hoping this would be all some sort of prank, "Listen, Gilinsky." Another voice took over, Casey no longer audible, my palms were starting to sweat as I desperately tried to think of what could be going on, "I don't know how long you've been in the gang business, but you should be aware of the consequences by now." The man spoke rather slowly, almost as if he was enjoying this situation a bit too much, "I'm not in a gang anymore. Now who the fuck are you and why do you have Casey?" I asked, trying to stay as calm as possible with Alex in my arms, "Shane never told you this? Once you're in a gang, you can never really get out one. Gilinsky, your gang happened to murder one of ours, now we don't let that slide so quickly." The man explained, the fact that Casey didn't make a single noise scaring me.

"Why me? I didn't murder him if that's what you're thinking. Tell me where the fuck my wife is!" My voice rose once again, Alex letting out a sound as soon as my voice got louder, "I know you didn't murder him, you're too much of a pussy, right Jack? That's why we came after you instead of the other gang members, you're the most vulnerable one." The bastard continued speaking, adding a chuckle at the end, "What the hell do you want from me, I have nothing to offer other than my own life." I hissed, Alex on the verge of tears. I was probably scaring the hell out of him, but Casey being kidnapped by a gang scared me a lot more. Before I could even start imagining what they could be doing to her right now, I heard the man speak up again, "We want revenge and you are going to help us." My eyebrows furrowed, feeling my heart beat faster with every word the man said. For a second I was considering to refuse his idea, but a soft whimper sounded in the background, realisation hitting me like a brick.

Casey is kidnapped by a gang.

Casey Gilinsky

"Why... Why me. Why us." I mumbled to myself as the rest of the men were discussing their plan a bit further from me. I felt a pair of eyes burning holes into my soul, only to look up and find Sam staring at me. For a second I thought I saw regret and guilt in his eyes, but he tore his eyes away as he walked towards the group of scary men. Never could I have even thought about Sam being involved into gangs, I did know there was something going on with him...

"Alright, be here at midnight, we can't screw tonight up guys." I heard one of them say as the rest nodded, a couple leaving the building to arrange 'stuff'. I wasn't informed about the plan, but all I was worrying about was the safety of Jack and Alex. If Jack actually agreed into participating with this plan, who would he leave Alex with?

A couple of minutes later, I was left with Sam and one other guy in the cold and abandoned building I've been put in for a couple of hours. I was starting to lose hope, starting to think that maybe they are planning to murder all of us and for a split second, I was wondering if that wasn't such a bad idea afterall.

The silence in the building made me think deeper than I normally would. Flashbacks from my horrible teenage years flashed in front of my eyes, almost as if I was reading a book on the worst time of my life. The flashbacks made me realise on thing though; I am never going to be living a normal and happy life. It can never be all good for me, because as soon as I'm feeling a spark of happiness, everything around me starts falling apart.

"It's time." I heard the man speak up, staring at his watch as the rest of the guys walked in, one of them mentioning that the cars were loaded, "And you," He pointed at me, grabbing me by my arm as he made me stand up, "Let's just hope Jack was right about Shane's location, because if not, your night might not end well." He threatened, his face dangerously close.

"Let's go guys, we have no time to lose."

« okay first of all, i'm sorry if this is a shitty chapter, i haven't been very inspired lately and i've been quite busy as well. second; friendzone reached 500.000 reads and i kind of cried when i saw that. thank you guys so much. and last but DEFINITELY not least; make sure you nominate either friendzone, no boys zone or danger zone as 'best magcon/ogoc fanfiction' (thefanfictionawards) - don't forget to mention my username as well. thank you babes, i love y'all. »

ps: any opinions on the new book covers? i used holland roden as the model, because she's my queen.